• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Farewell

bztz4m

After some thought I have decided to have Webmaster Jon remove me from this site. So I wanted to say so long to you all and best wishes for the future.

Mustanglvr

No! Don`t go Bztz4m! Please stay. Read the post I just wrote in the '68 GT/CS vs. '07/'08 GT/CS thread. We need you here.

Midnight Special

After some thought I have decided to have Webmaster Jon remove me from this site. So I wanted to say so long to you all and best wishes for the future.

...bztz, I hope you come around & check in once in awhile. There remains something for everyone here. It was nice meeting you & seeing your car up close at Mike's BBQ.

rvrtrash

We'll probably never know what happened. I just think it's a shame that it did.

Steve

BroadwayBlue

Can only assume it's related to the 40th Knotts and 68 vs 07/08 threads. But I'm just guessing.

You can just stop coming to the site there is no need to be removed.

If someone goes to the trouble of asking Jon to be removed and goes to the trouble of telling us all they're leaving it would be good to know why and understand the reasons and possibly give us a chance to work it out if it's something related to a site member(s) or other issue.

Last edited:

franklinair

Most unfortunate. Nothing can be resolved by severing communication. If there WAS a rift re: 68's & new models, we should talk it out, not pick up our marbles and go home. Not being familiar with site names and putting a face with it, I believe I met bztz4m at Mike & Robinette's (a white '07 C/S, nice family with a teenage son) in August. Am I correct?
Anyway, it's too bad. It would be nice to have his contributions concerning the new models.
Neil Hoppe

Midnight Special

Most unfortunate. Nothing can be resolved by severing communication. If there WAS a rift re: 68's & new models, we should talk it out, not pick up our marbles and go home. Not being familiar with site names and putting a face with it, I believe I met bztz4m at Mike & Robinette's (a white '07 C/S, nice family with a teenage son) in August. Am I correct?
Anyway, it's too bad. It would be nice to have his contributions concerning the new models.
Neil Hoppe

...He's made alot of nice contributions here aleady.

Perhaps where some view this site as a "family", others may view it more as belonging to a non-profit group or club of sorts. A family demands participation and problem solving where in a club and as a volunteer, no obligation really exists. You simply get fed up & move on, sometimes slamming the door loudly upon departing...

Nonetheless, I wish him all the best! 'Seemingly wonderful people as you say :)

P

PNewitt

I've been on line, and seen enough message boards to know that people don't leave and announce it without a reason. And, that it's a cry for someone to listen to what they want to say, or they've been hurt from something said..

If I said anything here, BZTZ4M to have prompted that , I am truly, truly sorry. If this was because of some direct and intense conversation, then I am so sorry as well.

SO MUCH "stuff" happens behind the scenes, and we just can't second guess any of that. Believe me, I've been there--done that, wanted to leave myself many times. I've seen cliques all my life, and I've felt like crap from them, too. The perception of a "collective indifference" in a situation can be very dissappointing & alienating to an individual, certainly.

I'll persue this, and ask him on the side "just what da heck happened"???

I'll not stand for anyone to lose the good spirit of owning a GT/CS. I met them at the BBQ, and they are extremely nice folks.

Paul N.

Midnight Special

I've been on line, and seen enough message boards to know that people don't leave and announce it without a reason.
Paul N.

Paul, his announcement was likely his way of saying "I don't fit your clique". And based my experience, you should consider a clause within your next stirr session that states you'll only consider opinions that already agree with you!

With all of the diverse talent and ways people like to contribute on this board, it's flat stupid to try and put everyone in the same little box so that the one who touts himself "guru" can muster phony superiority over others who are already achieving their ideas & goals!

Some one said here we should talk it out - well, there's my take on it.
"Sophomoric" to the snob that it is..... IMHO!

P.S. I'll just bet that you've been to enough message boards, and I'll bet you've created plenty of reasons for some folks to leave there to!

John McGilvary

Lets Get A Grip !!!

Come on guys.

I am sure BZTZ4M are nice people and they made their choice no matter what the reason, we should respect that.

IMO I would not trade my 68 GT/CS for a 07/08 GT/CS or a Shelby GT500.
People may call me a " DUMB ASS " for not making the trade, but thats just me. And if I want to stop posting on the site because of what someone said,
you can bet your ass I will. But I will not post a " Farewell Thread " so everyone will feel responsible!

So, good luck to BZTZ4M and keep them tires smokin.

John

P

PNewitt

Tim, I suggest that you stop your attacks on me, or deal with the consequences with the admistrator.

Paul.

joedls

I can respect someone's decision to not participate in this forum. But I view the announcement of that decision as drama meant to illicit more drama. I refuse to play the game.

hotrodgrany

Paul, I hope you can find out what happened,maybe nothing anyone of us did. I enjoyed his input to this forum and will be so missed.