• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Valentine's Day GT/CS Delivery

PonyGal

The 'Stevenson GT/CS' has arrived safely to it's new home in California!!!

Tim (Midnight Special) and I met the driver in Auburn and I must admit I was overjoyed when I first saw the driver pull the cover off of it. It is absolutely beautiful!!! It drove like a dream all the way home. I think I'll keep it :grin::grin::grin:

Here are a couple of pictures that I took. I'm sure Tim took a few good ones that he will post too.

Attachments

• 100_3742.jpg
    100_3742.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_3743.jpg
    100_3743.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_3744.jpg
    100_3744.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_3755-1.jpg
    100_3755-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 78

CougarCJ

Wow, Now there is a very happy lady!

Enjoy that great looking 1968 GT/CS, the best year ever. LOL
Long live 1968's!:grin:

Midnight Special

..."Overjoyed" was the understatement of the evening! My son TJ and I arrived ahead of Renee and Dave just as Roger (driver) was opening the door. TJ, unaware of Renee's purchase said "Oh my gawd Dad - what did you do now?.." Just then Dave & Renee pull up and she approached the carrier visibly shaking! We we stood waiting with great anticipation as Roger prepped the car and began to remove its cover. As we watched him expose the tail lights and shiny bumper, I heard a "thump".... I quickly spun to my left and there was no Renee! She had passed out cold near the bed of the truck!! Dave TJ and I helped her back on her feet where she resumed smiling and in complete awe of her beautiful car. Roger, who had hauled numerous multi-million dollar vehicles, said that Renee was the first person who has ever fainted during a delivery! :)) We thought she was going to faint again when she discovered the bound (total restoration) photo album the Stevensons had left for her in the trunk as a classy and generous gift!

If only all sellers where as wonderful as Paul & family! Words alone cannot describe their efforts and the results!

This car was immaculate inside and out! It fired right up, purred like a kitten and traveled down the road as gracefully and clean as it looked! TJ rode with Renee to her offramp (as eyes, ears & cell phone) while Dave and I followed behind in order to beat the coming rain to her garage (we originally were going to bring it up here for a total photo op). True to form; I had people cutting in front of me and pacing Renee's car all the way down the freeway! This was a great day for a great lady!!

Welcome to the club Renee! May this beautiful car give you but a fraction of the joy you have given all of us for so long :))

Attachments

• DSC_0570.jpg
    DSC_0570.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_0574.jpg
    DSC_0574.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0581.jpg
    DSC_0581.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0580.jpg
    DSC_0580.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0577.jpg
    DSC_0577.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_0576.jpg
    DSC_0576.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0564.jpg
    DSC_0564.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0563.jpg
    DSC_0563.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
OP
OP
PonyGal

PonyGal

Okay. I admit it. I fainted when I saw how beautiful the car actually is and realized that it was my car!! :embarass:

I guess I need to update the location under my user name from 'Loomis, Ca' to 'In Seventh Heaven - On Cloud Nine'!! I now have the car I have dreamed about since I was a kid.

Tim & TJ, thank you for sharing the delivery with me and taking such great pictures.

And thank you Paul for the wonderful binder of pictures that you put in the trunk. It was a wonderful surprise to see when Roger (driver) pulled it out and handed it to me. I want to say that this was the best transaction I have ever done when I have bought a car. You did a fantastic job of cleaning it up and getting it ready for delivery, and all of the conversations that we had during the process were great!! I promise to take as good of care of the 'Stevenson GT/CS' as you have and, like I mentioned before, you are always welcome to visit if you find yourself in California!

Last edited:

68gt390

Renee;
Congrats. I'm sure you'll have many happy hours of motoring down the highway. Beautiful car.

Don

nates68

RENEE' im so happy for you,your a sweet person.Im so happy you got a gt/cs of your own.It looks so sweet.Im glad Tim was there to help you. I will try to hook up with you two soon.

best, nates68

PFSlim

Wow. Great photo's and great story!!! I am sorry the car got a little dirty on the way to load up.

It is very nice to see a new owner so happy. I know I can speak for my brother Brian, Zach and I when I say Congrat's Renee on your new GT/CS!! We are very happy for you here in KC and you always have a friend here to visit with about the car.

Zach and I wanted to leave a few "special" things for you in the trunk of the car. We always used that book to travel to the different car shows and show folks the restoration. Zach was the master of telling the story of the car using that book. We also thought you would enjoy the POR15 poster to go along with your diecast car. Once again, both of these were our backdrops to our car shows. Lastly, we had some extra touch up paint and an extra set of Marchal fog light bulbs we thought you would like to have.

Anyway, glad it is safe with you. Look forward to some pictures in the daylight after you put your clean on it and hopefully with the "Midnight Special" GT/CS's.

Thanks for being so kind Renee'

Paul

hotrodgrany

You couldn't have asked for a better Valetines present, Congratulations Gal. I am so happy for you. love all the pics and I can see why.

OP
OP
PonyGal

PonyGal

Paul,

Thank you again for all the 'surprises' that you left in the trunk for me. I really did not expect it, but just thinking back over the past month or so and all of our conversations, I am not that surprised. You have been a great friend through all of this, and I am always happy to make a new friend!

It has been raining pretty steady here since I took delivery, so I have not yet had a chance to take it out of the garage. However, I did sit in it yesterday with the engine running just to listen to it purr. That is until the rain started blowing in through the open garage door and I sadly had to shut it off and come back inside. I am really looking forward to a sunny day next week (or so they say) so that I can actually drive it again. I need to take it to the DMV and get it inspected and registered.

As soon as the weather gets nice, I plan to take it up to Tim (Midnight Special) and have some nice pictures taken with all of his. We will post them here as soon as possible.

Thank you again for the wonderful car and the great 'gifts'!

Diesel Donna

OMG Renee, I couldn't get the smile off my face as I read how you took delivery of your car!! The pictures are great and I think it was totally appropriate that you fainted! What a statement!!!

Congratulations !!

Donna

HappyHour

..."Overjoyed" was the understatement of the evening! As we watched him expose the tail lights and shiny bumper, I heard a "thump".... I quickly spun to my left and there was no Renee! She had passed out cold near the bed of the truck!!

Aw my god...im DYING here!! I almost fell out of chair. Im glad you were okay. :grin:

Its sunny break today think its time to get it out between storms?? I have to say...tinted GT rims with the red lettering looks pretty sweet (is that argent?)!!

OP
OP
PonyGal

PonyGal

Aw my god...im DYING here!! I almost fell out of chair. Im glad you were okay. :grin:

Its sunny break today think its time to get it out between storms?? I have to say...tinted GT rims with the red lettering looks pretty sweet (is that argent?)!!

Yes Robert, I am more than okay. I guess I was just a little overwhelmed when I first saw the car. :grin: And yes, it does have argent style steel wheels on it. Quite nice!

Today is a nice sunny day and since I had to take a day off from work as a furlough day, I decided to spend the morning at the DMV. Taxes, license, registration...oh my! :eek: But she is now legal and ready to go! Took it for a bit of a drive afterwards, but not too far since I am having a little trouble with the brake lights. Something must have come loose during transport. Tim promised to check that out for me when he gets some time (thank you Tim). Then I brought it home, washed it up and put it away until the next drive.

Donna, I can't believe I did that since I don't ever recall fainting before, but it was well worth it! The car is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Attachments

• 100_3756.jpg
    100_3756.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_3763.jpg
    100_3763.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

TraveledGTCS

I have a quick question. I noticed you have Marchal fog lights attached to the grill. I thought those were not allowed in California, just the Lucas on pedestals. Or since it's now a classic, California allows them.

Bill

OP
OP
PonyGal

PonyGal

I have a quick question. I noticed you have Marchal fog lights attached to the grill. I thought those were not allowed in California, just the Lucas on pedestals. Or since it's now a classic, California allows them.

Bill

27.gif
Shuuuuuuuuuuuush
27.gif

Actually, I honestly can't answer that question since I am a new GT/CS owner. I am going to have to defer this to someone with more knowledge on the matter.

HELP :confused:

CougarCJ

Don't sweat it. That was an issue 41 years ago.

The modern headlamps on the newer BMW's, Lexus's, and Mercedes are much much brighter than anything to date. Those are all legal. Blinds the heck out of me though.:cool:

TraveledGTCS

Thanks CougarCJ, I was wondering if somehow over the years it has been allowed, especially how the newer lights as you say are a bit brighter. I actually like the way the Marchal lights are mounted; but since my Special is fairly much original, I'll leave it as is.

Enjoy your ride PonyGal - I have over the years - 460,000 miles and counting.

Bill