• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Events Forum

BroadwayBlue

Jon,

Have you ever given any thought to adding an Events Forum to the site?

I think it would be good to have show announcements, pictures, etc in it's own section maybe under the Misc Forum.

I never know where to post show info.

Not sure what others think.

Thanks!

Mustanglvr

Thats a good idea Rich, maybe a sticky thread of shows listed by state and date.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I don't even know that it needs to be organized that way.

Just a separate section to post threads on upcoming events, info on those we attended, pictures, awards, etc ...

I never know whether to put them in the GT/CS HCS section since they're not always specific to that or the Off-Topic section - because they're not that far off-topic :smile:

Just think having them "grouped" together would be cool and easy to find show info and all.

aemoo28

So I thought that's what the calendar was for! I posted all the important shows in Seattle and then they got erased! I didn't realize the "calendar" on this site was for birthdays only.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

So I thought that's what the calendar was for! I posted all the important shows in Seattle and then they got erased! I didn't realize the "calendar" on this site was for birthdays only.

Hi Amy,

I was looking for a place to not only post dates but pictures, reviews of the show, what CS site members were there or you met for the first time, etc.

Just think it would be good to have it all in one place instead of hunting and searching through multiple sections.

I didn't know the calendar was for birthdays only. So a section for Events would make even more sense.
Personally I'd read the threads before the calendar since it's the area I'm usually in on the site.

It was just a thought.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It's a good suggestion. Let me look into it a little. I believe there's a way to tie the existing calendar into a "Show/Event" sub-forum. I think the way it works is you would have two options to start a new thread:

1. You would start a new thread in the normal way if you wanted to post pics of a show that already occurred.
2. If the show/event was upcoming you could post it in the Calendar, which would also make a new thread in the "Show/Event" forum. It would then allow you to track possible member attendees, then post pics or an event report afterward.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hi Jon,

Thanks for considering it and looking into it.

That sounds like a pretty cool option that you mentioned to link the calendar with the threads.