• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Craigs list GTCS

Mosesatm

Here's the article if it is, in fact, the same car.

Attachments

• 1990 Must by HR Cover Small.jpg
    1990 Must by HR Cover Small.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 1990 Must by HR P102 Small.jpg
    1990 Must by HR P102 Small.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1990 Must by HR P104 Small.jpg
    1990 Must by HR P104 Small.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 35

sam

Nice looking car. However I'm a traditionalist.....................think the car would show better with white sidewalls or raised white lettering. I believe white sidewalls go more in line with 1968.

CougarCJ

The ad says that it is painted Meadowlark yellow, please confirm that Meadowlark yellow is much lighter?

tomcwarren

In the Hot Rod article, it says it was originally Meadowlark Yellow, but the owner had it painted a '68 Shelby' yellow.

Mine was originally Meadowlark Yellow, but it's now Candyapple Red. If ML Yellow had been this vibrant, I'd have changed it back! :wink:

CougarCJ

In the Hot Rod article, it says it was originally Meadowlark Yellow, but the owner had it painted a '68 Shelby' yellow.

Mine was originally Meadowlark Yellow, but it's now Candyapple Red. If ML Yellow had been this vibrant, I'd have changed it back! :wink:

My thoughts exactly.

I am also meadowlark yellow originally, like the color on that car much better. Hmm, what to do......? :grin:

tomcwarren

How does it happen that a CS gets the late-68 side makers (rear) but he Marchals? I thought the Lucas lights came in about the same time the inset-style rear reflectors went away? I've seen a few like this and figured someone had put the wrong driving lights on.

Anyone know for sure what's right w/this combo?

Tom

CougarCJ

How does it happen that a CS gets the late-68 side makers (rear) but he Marchals? I thought the Lucas lights came in about the same time the inset-style rear reflectors went away? I've seen a few like this and figured someone had put the wrong driving lights on.

Anyone know for sure what's right w/this combo?

Tom

It has been my understanding that the Marchal lights were banned by some States, but not all of them.
Simple manufacturing practices make me believe that the Marchal lights could have been installed on GT/CS and HC Specials destined to States that did not have a ruling, in order to use remaining stock of Marchal lights.

A.O. Smith in Michigan had a similar problem with the 1968 Shelby's and Cougar XR7-G's.

mmarsalone

It was California that had a problem with the Marchals and they were changed to Lucas at the factory in May I believe. The change in the reflector was a cost cutting change due to the strike, which was before the change to Lucas fog lights. So many cars would have come from the factory with the late reflector and Marchals.

CALIF GIRL

Mine has the late side markers and Marchals. I think cars made from mid April left the factory with Lucas.

My car was built in Feb

robert campbell

Did anyone notice that the Marchals on this car appear to be pedestal mounted vice mounted in the grill brackets? Marchals seem to have been the early fog light on the early cars, but I have seen them on many later built cars.

Rob

sam

hope your bathroom came out nice.....................