• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 CS and 2007 Shelby GT500 at Sunrise Ford in CA

davidathans

I recently spent about $900 to get my mustang serviced so i can race it on June 30th at California Dragway in Fontana.
Oil Change-synthetic oil with lucas additive and oil filter
Transmission fluid change, trans filter, fuel filter
Ceramic front brake pads, rear pads, synthetic brake fluid, turned rotors
power steering fluid change, clean engine, new belts

Then i washed the car and spent 3 hours waxing it.

I drove it out to the Sunrise Ford dealership in North Hollywood. When i pulled up to the dealership i revved it up once real loud and everyone came outside and crowded around the CS...popped the hood and started answering questions....everyone loved it!

Then, a great salesman, Cody Clements asked his boss if he could pull up a black and white 2007 shebly GT500 next to my CS so i could take some pictures... i only had my cell phone camera but it was beautiful seeing the two cars next to eachother. Afterwards i test drove a GT Mustang with a 5-speed. I had a great day and thought i'd share it.

Note: The dealership has 10 shelby GT500s and they are selling in the 50k range, contact Cody Clements at cclements@salespoint.dealerconnection.com or call 818 623 5247

Attachments

• 0614071536b (Custom).jpg
    0614071536b (Custom).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 0614071539a (Custom).jpg
    0614071539a (Custom).jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 0614071538a (Custom).jpg
    0614071538a (Custom).jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 0614071538 (Custom).jpg
    0614071538 (Custom).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 0614071537b (Custom).jpg
    0614071537b (Custom).jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 0614071536a (Custom).jpg
    0614071536a (Custom).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 0614071536 (Custom).jpg
    0614071536 (Custom).jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 0614071536c (Custom).jpg
    0614071536c (Custom).jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 61

BroadwayBlue

Very cool!
Thanks for the pictures!

My nephew just bought a Grabber Orange GT from a Sunrise Ford in NY so your post caught my eye when I saw the name of a local dealer :smile:

R

robert campbell

Wow!!! What great pics!! I absolutely love your car!! Had not went to your gallery. Love the stripes over the trunk lid!!!! What a great contrast between yesterday and what they wish they had today!!!

Rob

Last edited:
OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

The gallery to go to is not the "My gallery", but the old gallery through the red link on the left of the page...im on page 5...so many pictures showing the progression with the car the last 6 years
http://www.californiaspecial.com/photogallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=5

haha rob...i asked one of the salesman when i pulled up, "so you guys selling some of these today?"

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Great pics. You said you did that with a cell phone camera? What kind of phone/camera was that?

its made by LG...they call it the VCAST...the model number is LG-VX9800
it comes with a 1.3 Mega Pixel camera that takes pictures up to 1280x960 and takes videos up to 30 seconds long in 320x240 in the highest resolution modes. It is a pretty good phone. I have a miniSD card in it that has a 1GB capacity to store the pictures and videos.

Here are some pictures of what it looks like...check out my custom backgrounds on the LCD screens :)

Attachments

• IMG_3933 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_3933 (Custom).JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3934 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_3934 (Custom).JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3935 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_3935 (Custom).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3936 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_3936 (Custom).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 26

hotrodgrany

I recently spent about $900 to get my mustang serviced so i can race it on June 30th at California Dragway in Fontana.
Oil Change-synthetic oil with lucas additive and oil filter
Transmission fluid change, trans filter, fuel filter
Ceramic front brake pads, rear pads, synthetic brake fluid, turned rotors
power steering fluid change, clean engine, new belts

Then i washed the car and spent 3 hours waxing it.

I drove it out to the Sunrise Ford dealership in North Hollywood. When i pulled up to the dealership i revved it up once real loud and everyone came outside and crowded around the CS...popped the hood and started answering questions....everyone loved it!

Then, a great salesman, Cody Clements asked his boss if he could pull up a black and white 2007 shebly GT500 next to my CS so i could take some pictures... i only had my cell phone camera but it was beautiful seeing the two cars next to eachother. Afterwards i test drove a GT Mustang with a 5-speed. I had a great day and thought i'd share it.

Note: The dealership has 10 shelby GT500s and they are selling in the 50k range, contact Cody Clements at cclements@salespoint.dealerconnection.com or call 818 623 5247

Love the pics and realy love the color, I sure would love to add this to my collection, but of course either one would do, just joking. You are one of the lucky persons, would have loved to get behind the wheel of the Shelby 500 and take it for a drive, and even make the tires smoke just a little.. maybe,someday,I will have a chance at one of these too.

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Thanks DD, the cell phone pictures come in handy when im trying to impress 6 and 7 year olds...my niece, valerie, is 6 and she told her friends that i race cars and you know kids at that age...i pull out my phone and my ipod video and show them pictures and videos of me racing the car and the burnout on my cell phone and they say "how can you prove that is really your car" haha

Diesel Donna

Thanks DD, the cell phone pictures come in handy when im trying to impress 6 and 7 year olds...my niece, valerie, is 6 and she told her friends that i race cars and you know kids at that age...i pull out my phone and my ipod video and show them pictures and videos of me racing the car and the burnout on my cell phone and they say "how can you prove that is really your car" haha

Hahahaaa, kids are so full of the funniest things and brutally honest!

DLedin

Great shots David.

I was at Sunrise a couple weeks ago getting a part for my '92. I stopped by the showroom and saw the black Shelby as well as a red one that was next to it. I had to leave before temptation, and a salesperson, got the best of me. :grin:

-Doug