• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GTCS 390/C6

Edward Bodoh

Thanks for the ad bump. Most old timers here know it's my car. A few comments to help as correctly as possible describe a few items that have been commented on. Lucas amber lights. Correct or not is not for me to debate. They say Lucas on the lenses. Pedestals are correct. It isn't the first one I've seen with them. I believe our CS book shows another car with Ambers. But I haven't flipped those pages in a while. I can't speak for a Canada car DSO too well anyways. The correct rims and tires are in my possession which do match the marti. I need to inform Specialty Sales I have them for the next owner. The antenna is the antenna. I liked it but it's not correct. There is virtually no undercarriage rust. Original engine and tranny stamp plates exist. Original stripes on the driveshaft are STILL there. Did I lower the front. Yes. Did I replace the rear leafs with correct ones to eliminate the sag? Yep.
Does it have incorrect dual Flowmasters. Definately.

After a long and hard debate with myself whether to keep or inform Specialty Sales to lower the price the latter wins. They will adjust it for me in the next few days, so as not to breach my agreement contract I'm not saying here how much I'm chopping.

Hopefully it sells. The chop will be substantial. I've loved this car for 7 years or so and don't care if it's somewhat incorrect. My infortunate situation has me loving my 2020 GT 500 just a little bit more.

Thanks for your time guys and gals.
Ed

CountGregor

Thanks for the ad bump. Most old timers here know it's my car. A few comments to help as correctly as possible describe a few items that have been commented on. Lucas amber lights. Correct or not is not for me to debate. They say Lucas on the lenses. Pedestals are correct. It isn't the first one I've seen with them. I believe our CS book shows another car with Ambers. But I haven't flipped those pages in a while. I can't speak for a Canada car DSO too well anyways. The correct rims and tires are in my possession which do match the marti. I need to inform Specialty Sales I have them for the next owner. The antenna is the antenna. I liked it but it's not correct. There is virtually no undercarriage rust. Original engine and tranny stamp plates exist. Original stripes on the driveshaft are STILL there. Did I lower the front. Yes. Did I replace the rear leafs with correct ones to eliminate the sag? Yep.
Does it have incorrect dual Flowmasters. Definately.

After a long and hard debate with myself whether to keep or inform Specialty Sales to lower the price the latter wins. They will adjust it for me in the next few days, so as not to breach my agreement contract I'm not saying here how much I'm chopping.

Hopefully it sells. The chop will be substantial. I've loved this car for 7 years or so and don't care if it's somewhat incorrect. My infortunate situation has me loving my 2020 GT 500 just a little bit more.

Thanks for your time guys and gals.
Ed
Hi Ed - I have been looking at your car on-line just recently and have requested undercarriage photos from the dealer. My wife and I are long-standing members and former officers of the Oklahoma Mustang Club. From your conversation above, will SSC be able to send me pics of the engine and tranny stampings? If you were keeping the car, are there any areas you would focus on for improvement?
Thanks for your time!
Greg

Edward Bodoh

Hi Ed - I have been looking at your car on-line just recently and have requested undercarriage photos from the dealer. My wife and I are long-standing members and former officers of the Oklahoma Mustang Club. From your conversation above, will SSC be able to send me pics of the engine and tranny stampings? If you were keeping the car, are there any areas you would focus on for improvement?
Thanks for your time!
Greg
Greg
I haven't been on here since I wrote that. Glad I checked.
I would replace all the underside gaskets. Recently it did develop a slow oil leak at one of the gaskets. Not even noticeable on the dipstick tho. It doesn't burn thru oil. Engine is solid. Never over heats. I like the patina in the interior. However it would show better with a new nos dash. The door panels are in good shape. But the lower bullit looking grilles on doors are original and show age. Replace the chrome bezel around the rear tail lights as they show mild pitting. Lenses are good tho with led bulbs. Engine needs nothing. However I'd throw a holley or edelbroch in it. The original 2 bbl restricts it However can still peel out. Besides that I'm trying to reach for anything and can't. If I walked around the car in sure I could remember real minor things. Touch up paint on a couple door dings?

I was going to call them today anyways. I can push them for what you are asking. Matter of fact I have pics of the stampings. Feel free to text or call me. 707 208 0215. Ed

Edward Bodoh

Sold.
All I know is it's going to Pennsylvania.
Hat tip to the peeps here along the way who have advised and talked shop with me. It's been a fun 7 years. On to the next, for car guys never quit...
My 2020 GT 500, 2021 Bronco and 1990 7up edition will compete for my attention now.
She's won best of and lost to better best ofs....And I'll miss that car.
Like my bro says. All we are, are car caretakers. Most of them will outlive all of us.

Cheers. Ed.