• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 65 gt350

green56

can any body take a look at this car and see if you can find any problem on ebay the number is 320568352448 i trust your comments it is only on till 6am Thur Thanks Guys for the help It is a 65 mustang GT350 it looks like their is a cobra on the front fender

robert campbell

IMO this is not a "real" Shelby if that is what you are looking for. From the pictures it is a 289 4 barrel 1965 Fastback with alot of add ons. From the pictures it is "not" a GT 1965 Fastback, as it would have a 5 dial instrument cluster which was part of the GT package in 1965.

All of the GT package may have been added and their is no "Shelby" package for a non-Shelby car. It was added later.

So, IMO it is a basic 1965 4 barrel Fastback with alot of add ons.

Now, it looks like one beautiful car! From the pictures of course. The price right now at $22k is not so out of line for a very nice 1965 Fastback with a bunch of great add ons.

Not a Shelby for sure and not a GT Fastback IMO. If that is not important then you need to get a closer look before you buy. IMO it is close to its max worth if it is rust free and has alot of new stuff.

Rob

Doug

First you have to understand that this is not a 65 Shelby GT-350. All 65 Shelby GT350's were K Codes, no back seats, and 4 speeds among other changes.

It is a 65 Mustang Fastback (with some Cobra badges that are not even correct for that year Shelby) and that's what the value should be based on. If the 22K is what you'd pay for a 65 Fastback then it might be worth it; I don't know. The car looks fairly nice and appears to have some nice options.

I don't know what the selling means by this "This car was my ticket to leave the real world.. I took care of it, and I provided best service possible. I tried to keep it as it was first sold. All original equipment. Now I am departed and I need to sell it. It is a great car and runs very smooth! No problems with mechanic or electric system." I'd private ebay message the owner and ask any and all questions.

Good Luck - Doug

GT/CS S Code

Clone car ...

Having always been a big fan of the original 65 GT350 Shelby Mustangs, I've researched them fairly thoroughly and I have to agree that this car is all wrong and the seller's description might lead an uneducated buyer into thinking they were buying something that they aren't getting!
The grill and interior are all wrong on this car, as are the incorrect fender badges. The car itself is not the right "starter" base model right from the seller's description.
All of the 65 Shelby Mustangs started life as "K" code (HiPerf 289) cars and had gutted interiors with 2 front buckets and no rear seat installed. To comply with racing rules, the originals were "two seater" sports cars to qualify for the racing category that Ford and Caroll Shelby wanted to win.
The cars were re-serial numbered at the Shelby facility and should have a serial number starting with "SFM" (Shelby Ford Mustang) and were numbered with their own sequential serial numbers. A new Shelby facility serial number tag was installed and it covered the original Ford factory serial number that was stamped into the front fender support.
So what this all boils down to is to confirm what has already been said above. This is NOT an original Shelby of any kind and is simply an "A" code 4 barrel 289 car that has been modified to clone a GT350. It hasn't been done anywhere near well enough to fool anyone with much knowledge, but the seller has drafted his eBay text in such a manner that someone with little knowledge about these Shelby cars could be led to believe it is the real thing.
The work appears decent and if it runs well and hasn't got any hidden rust issues the current price is probably about what the market will bear on this type of car. I see that there is a reserve price and that it has not reached reserve at nearly $23,000, so he is likely expecting far too much for this car.
I've put a watch on the auction and we'll see what it does in the end?
Here are a few reference photos from original 65 Shelby GT350's that show what it really should look like ...
Al

Attachments

• 100_2670.jpg
    100_2670.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_2669.jpg
    100_2669.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_2671.jpg
    100_2671.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1965 GT-350#5.jpg
    1965 GT-350#5.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 1965 GT-350#6.jpg
    1965 GT-350#6.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 26
  • gt350interior.jpg
    gt350interior.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 24
  • WhiteLightning.jpg
    WhiteLightning.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 21
  • GT-350poster.jpg
    GT-350poster.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 23

robert campbell

And again it is not a "GT" Fastback either. Further devalue of the car. Again, a nice looking car and I agree with Al. If it is rust free and mechanically sound, it is right at the limit.
Rob

OP
OP
G

green56

Thanks guys would like to thank you so i would not make a mistake sumone bought the car for 25,000.00. I am glad i can count on you guys to let me know if it is what they say it is. Thanks all for the info and keeps me from making a mistake thanks again

66hcs-conv

"Now I am departed ........"

Ebay is good, but I did not know they can do listings from the hereafter!