• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 68 rear seat...what years are interchangable?

GTCSTexan

Anyone know what year backseats are interchangable with our 68's? i know 67s work but what about 64.5 - 69?

Thanks!

390gtmustang

dude, just noticed you live close to me. maybe we can get together sometime with our cars and cruise that would be nice. Glad to know Im not alone here dfw area.

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

dude, just noticed you live close to me. maybe we can get together sometime with our cars and cruise that would be nice. Glad to know Im not alone here dfw area.

Sounds great, I have a little to go before shes ready for cruise night....hopefully this summer. oh wait I've said that for 3 summers now!!

If anyone local has a backseat, please let me know. i just need one with a good frame. thanks!

Ruppstang

67 will work they are the same frame. I have a 68 for sale but I am in Nebraska.
Marty

CougarCJ

I am pretty sure that the seats front and back from 1967-70 interchange.

gt/csj4

Scott is right, I had to use the top part of the back seat on a 69 coupe for my 67 and it was near identical, only difference was larger brackets (wider) on the top track that latches onto the rear pack tray

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

Great info, thanks for the help everyone. I can get my hands on a 69 backseat, just wasn't sure if it would fit. I'll post my results, but it sounds like a slam dunk.

CougarCJ

Mustang and Cougar share the same seat frames. I have 1969 front and rear seats in my 1968 XR7. I like having the headrests for neck protection in the event of a rear end collision.

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

I've got something else up up my sleeve for the front seats....seats out of an Acura RSX. Safe, sporty and they look great. :cool:

dalorzo_f

On the headrest issue I am developing a bolt-in adapter to allow adding '69 headrests to the '68 seats...as the TMI only work on 65-67 (and IMHO look kinda funky), and the '69 headrests and brackets are now reproduced. Stay tuned...