• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 AC vacuum line routing

dalorzo_f

Figured I'd start a new thread, instead of splinter the other one.

Dalorzo it looks like your AC vac lines are routed wrong. They follow the main wiring harness in front of the dash support. There is a hole on the side of the left support that is where the screw gos that mounts the metal retainer that keeps the hose away from the wiper arms. Hope this helps. Marty

Hole on the left? Or do you mean the one above the clip on the harness on the right one below?

CIMG0175Medium.jpg

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Are you sure about the routing?

I double checked the FAM and vacuum schematic, both clearly show it dotted line behind the two inst cluster supports.

I know they are not gospel, and variations do exist, I was just concerned about them interfereing with the cluster in the front position as I was looking at the wipers and wondering about the clearance and routing it forward as you note...

Ruppstang

It gos about mid way on the side of the left support. If you look at the picture of the retainer you can see that it would need to be on the side. As far as the routing is conserned every factory car I have had the vac lines were taped to the harness with friction tape. I am sure it would work where you have it but takes away room for the duct. I have had no clearance problems in front. Marty

Attachments

• AC hose routing 003.JPG
    AC hose routing 003.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Ok, so you were referring to the actual duct at that location (found the hole, will fabricate a support as I could not find any used ones, hard-to-find item). I thought you were referring to the vaucum hoses.