• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Another Fred Goodell car

CougarCJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROT...cks?hash=item3a521fd80a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Deja vu, like sitting inside of my Cougar. LOL
69_Proto-Type_012.jpg

1 OF 3 EVER BUILT AND LISTED IN THE SHELBY REGISTRY AS BEING SO. IT WAS RESTORED TO ORIGINAL CONDITION IN THE MID 90'S AND GARAGE KEPT SINCE. HAS #'S MATCHING EXPERIMENTAL 351 CLEVELAND MOTOR. ALL SHELBY'S BUT THE PROTO-TYPE HAD WINDSOR MOTORS. THIS CAME FROM FACTORY WITH A" CLEVELAND" ALSO CAME WITH A COUGAR DASH, FROM FACTORY. THIS CAR WAS ASSIGNED TO FRED GOODELL, A FORD EXEC AND USED TO DEVELOP A FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM THAT FORD NEVER PUT INTO PRODUCTION. THAT SYSTEM WAS REMOVED AND FITTED WITH A BIG PORT FOUR BARREL FOR STREET USE. I WAS TOLD THAT ALL THESE PROTO-TYPES WERE THOUGHT TO HAVE BEEN DESTROYED BUT THIS ONE MADE IT OUT OF THE CRUSHER. SINCE I HAVE OWNED THIS RARE GEM, IT HAS BEEN DISPLAYED IN THE ALL FORD NATIONALS MAGAZINE AND AT THE CARLYLE PA ALL FORD EVENT HONORING SHELBY'S AND EARLY FORD MUSCLE. (SEE PICTURES ON DISPLAY) IT ALSO WON A PLAQUE AT THE SHELBY NATIONALS, IN ONTARIO CALIFORNIA SUPER SPEEDWAY EVENT, AND AT THAT TIME SIGNED BY THE MAN HIMSELF, " CARROLL SHELBY " WHEN HE SAW THIS CAR HE SAID, "THATS THE ONE FRED GOT OUT FROM THE FACTORY "

rvrtrash

Mine too! I wish that one was sitting next to my shop instead though. Very cool car.

Steve

robert campbell

Ultimate rare car!!! Think I would rather have a Cobra Jet Cougar!!! Almost as rare and way faster!!

When do I get to see a pic of this Cougar???

Rob

robert campbell

Scott,
WHAT AN AWESOME CAR!!

Back in the mid 1970's there was a black and white 1969 Cougar in a local wrecking yard. At the time a bad wreck, but in todays market an easy fix. The hood scoop had been taken but the hood still had the "428 Cobra Jet" stripes. I remember it as if it was yesterday. I got both 31 spline axels out of it. I can’t remember if it was a 4 speed or auto.

I think about the rarity of that car now and it was still mostly complete with front end damage that got the sub frame which was why it was scrapped.

When I was 16 in the late 1960’s I worked at a local Texaco. One of the older guys that worked there had either a 69 or 70 Cobra Jet Cougar in Bremerton. It was brand new at the time. To young to remember the front end to discern the year.

There were 70 CJ Cougar’s? I would assume in very low numbers!

Rob

JohnnyQuest515

I got into cars because of my Dad's new 1967 Cougar GT XR7?. Color looked identical to pic above.

A must have in my book, one day.

Randy