• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Anyone Selling at Mecum or Barrett-Jackson?

Mosesatm

Here are some auction results from Bring-a-Trailer, in case you're interested in values.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

I know of an aqua car with white stripes that has been parked for around 5 years since it was more-or-less restored. It’ll probably need very little tinkering to get everything to where it should be. 289 auto.
Most cars for sale are nicer than drivers.
Do you have any additional information/photos/pricing info? Thanks

Mosesatm

I can send you the owner's contact information if you're interested. If I remember correctly, he's looking for around $32K.

Attachments

• 289 .jpg
    289 .jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 8R01C143619.pdf
    71.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Taillight 2.jpg
    Taillight 2.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 38
  • Taillight 1.jpg
    Taillight 1.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 35
  • Lucas lights 2.jpg
    Lucas lights 2.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Lose mirror.jpg
    Lose mirror.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Inner Fender VIN.jpg
    Inner Fender VIN.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Chips.jpg
    Chips.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Car.jpg
    Car.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 40

Mosesatm

Here are a few more photos.

Attachments

• Trunk.jpg
    Trunk.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Lucas light 1.jpg
    Lucas light 1.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 8R01C143619.jpg
    8R01C143619.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

And a white one.
Thanks for all your postings. I saw this ad yesterday on CL. I contacted him this morning. Owner replied and told him to let me know if he sells it. Im planning to go to Vegas in Nov for Mecum so could drive down to look at it if he still has it.

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

Some of these cars listed for sale have been on here for a while with no updates if they have been sold. Photos are all dark indoor photos. I'm starting my search for a GT/CS or HCS and curious if anyone will be selling at Barrett-Jackson in New Orleans next month or Mecum in Las Vegas in November?
I just booked my trip to the Mecum Las Vegas auction Nov 9-11. Anyone else planning to go??

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

Has anyone sold a GT/CS lately? IMO, Seems to be just testing the waters. The meadowlark S-code that sold for 50K is starting to look like a bargain. Being a newbie on the site I'm glad to see some brutal honesty/comments on some of the recent postings. I can't tell if cars that were listed months ago are still for sale as they don't seem to have any updates saying they were sold. With that in mind, of the cars listed for sale, which one do you think is the best car for the money? I haven't seen any listed for Mecum yet.....

speedy02

Owner Matt Conner

I have a 68 mustang cal special for sale. Barn find with 76k original miles ( a bit more as it gets driven occasionally). Numbers matching , all original windows , metal , etc. Original color GULF STREAM AQUA with bench seat and marchal fog lights . ( early March build). The previous owner ( who bought it in 1969) put a Sears Mark IV under dash air conditioning system in. I have the original compressor but it’s not installed on car. 289 motor first rebuild with mild cam, dual exhaust added with 4 barrel ford matching numbers manifold and an edelbrock 500 cfm carb. All interior is done . Not a kit. Has comfort weave inserts.
C-4 auto ( rebuilt transmission) . Front end all rebuilt and complete new wiring . Original radio front with new insides with Bluetooth. Car looks , drives, sounds great! Southwest WA area. PS, disc brakes in front .
42k .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 9.26.00 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 9.26.00 PM.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 9.26.39 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2023-09-15 at 9.26.39 PM.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 40

Mosesatm

Owner Matt Conner

I have a 68 mustang cal special for sale. Barn find with 76k original miles ( a bit more as it gets driven occasionally). Numbers matching , all original windows , metal , etc. Original color GULF STREAM AQUA with bench seat and marchal fog lights . ( early March build). The previous owner ( who bought it in 1969) put a Sears Mark IV under dash air conditioning system in. I have the original compressor but it’s not installed on car. 289 motor first rebuild with mild cam, dual exhaust added with 4 barrel ford matching numbers manifold and an edelbrock 500 cfm carb. All interior is done . Not a kit. Has comfort weave inserts.
C-4 auto ( rebuilt transmission) . Front end all rebuilt and complete new wiring . Original radio front with new insides with Bluetooth. Car looks , drives, sounds great! Southwest WA area. PS, disc brakes in front .
42k .
I agree that this seems to be a great car.

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

I am looking at a GT/CS in the Fort Mohave/Bullhead City part of Arizona. I wont be in the area until the Mecum auction in Las Vegas in November so I cant look at it in person now. The seller has sent me numerous photos and the Marti report. Any expert members live near there?

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Western Arizona covers a lot of area. Can you be more specific?

OP
OP
T

timmerzfl

Too bad you don't want Red. My current project is a primo GT/CS that I will have completed in a few months. This will be my last resto. Time & age have caught up to me.

Neil
So Neil, how is your current project going? The photo you posted doesn't look like it was far from completion,