• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

C code detailing

dalorzo_f

As noted in the post on the main site I am "refreshing" my GT/CS. The engine is out and will not be rebuilt but I am removing most easily removed bolt-ons, cleaning and painting.

Looking for info/photos on the OEM look as while its not going to be a concours restoration I figure its easy enough now to fix a few small items to try to get it back to near original.

Anyone got photos to post or link to photos/info on finishes, tips, tricks etc. to make it look new(ish) again?

gt/csj4

A good degreaser and lots of rags. I would use a wire brush to knock down loose paint or finicky grease. Then use a high temp primer and I've always had good luck/results with duplicolor Ford dark blue 500 degree paint rattle can. Lasts forever and doesn't fade or break down and flake

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Yep, got the basic FoMoCo corp blue over block/wp/heads/pan/tstat/bypass all installed. Looking for details of non blue items and odds and ends like if Whittek or wire clamps were used, finishes on bolt-ons and misc components like:

Exh Manifolds - natural (overspray of blue on them?)
PS pump - dark blue (or teal as many call it)
Alt/PS brackets - SGB/bolts P&O
crank pulley - SGB/bolts P&O
coil - yellow top, bracket SGB, screw and nut natural, hold down and bolt P&O (not sure of that last one)
Motor mounts SGB, bolts P&O (?)

etc

What carb spacer was used? 1" aluminum?

gazrox

Get yourself a copy of the 1964 1/2 - 1973 Mustang Detailing Guide. It has a very detailed section on engine compartment detailing.

J_Speegle

Get yourself a copy of the 1964 1/2 - 1973 Mustang Detailing Guide. It has a very detailed section on engine compartment detailing.

Instead IMHO I would use the MCA rules. Found allot of stuff in the "Detail Guide" that does not agree with original cars but it has been years since I looked at one. Maybe they updated it .... likely not.

Noticed allot of the paint mark stuff was not correct - just not a good reference guide for people that want to get it close or right the first time IMHO

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Yep, why I was hoping someone would post a pic or two of a recently done C code to current knowledge....correct for a GT/CS...