• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Car Shipping

franklinair

This has probably been asked before, but...

I'm looking for a reputable shipper to bring me a CS from TX to NC, preferably enclosed.
Recommendations would be appreciated.

Neil

Northern Pony

I'm guessing he bought Arlie's car as well; congratulations to the buyer and seller, looks like a good car at a good price.
Now Neil, does this mean your finished with Peggy's car? If you are, post a picture and show us what youve done with it.
All the best
BoB

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Yes, I have purchased Arlie's Aqua C code GTCS. It looks like a beauty with only minor stuff for me to do. I'm looking forward to it, but Peggy (The Supreme Allied Commander) has already told me I must complete her '57 T-Bird before I can work (play) on the CS.:wink:

Neil

TexAg

Darn, Neil. I had my eyes on that one, unfortunately my own "Supreme Commander" stated that we didn't have room for it.. And it was just down the road..:sad:

I hope you have better luck shipping a car into NC than I did shipping one out.:eek:

I eventually used www.autotransport123.com (after a bad experience with another "discount" broker). Family owned business and they were very helpful in finding someone who would get the '68. As you know, I didn't use enclosed, but I don't think that would matter.

Congrats!!

Forsche

Yes, I have purchased Arlie's Aqua C code GTCS. It looks like a beauty with only minor stuff for me to do. I'm looking forward to it, but Peggy (The Supreme Allied Commander) has already told me I must complete her '57 T-Bird before I can work (play) on the CS.:wink:

Neil

Congrats Neil.

Steve

Sarge

Congratulation Neil. Now, get on that T-bird so you can move on Arlie's GT/Cs. What all needs to be done to the T-bird?
Robert

robert campbell

Neil aka "Dad",
I did a body off frame resto of Val's parents 56 T-bird. What an experience! You can bury yourself in money just in parts! I started with a bare painted frame in the middle of the garage and when I was done it was completely new. And I mean everthing. In 1980 dollars I had $20k in parts.

Put a 3/4 "torquer" cam in the 312 and a 57 intake a carb. Auto car and a hoot to drive. White hard top, black soft top, white car with black and white interior.

Rob

68HCS289

Congrats!! Definitely do your research on transport companies as I had a nightmare experience transporting mine with a low bidder. A friend of mine has had luck with Reliable, they can be costly but they insure your precious cargo and it is enclosed transport. Good luck!!

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I've contracted with Reliable, and they will pickup/deliver the car.

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Arlie notified me today that Reliable will pick up the CS Friday morning. The driver called me this afternoon saying she should arrive here Saturday morning.
Now I've GOT to get busy on Peggy's T-Bird. The engine is out, and ready for its beautification treatment.:smile:

Neil

Mosesatm

Here you go, Neil.
All loaded up and heading your way.

Attachments

• In Truck 1.jpg
    In Truck 1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 39
  • In Truck 2.jpg
    In Truck 2.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 39