• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Clock Option Question

Talan423

I am trying to determine whether or not my GT/CS originally came with or without a clock. I do not see a "Clock" option on anybody's original window sticker. So this must mean it was included in a "Package"...but which package???
My car is a 289 2v car with a factory tach & tripodemeter, but no clock. I do not know any of the previous owners to find out if it was removed prior to my purchase. You would think if it came with the tach. & trip. there would also be the clock option.
Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thanks
Tom

gofastguy

I'm not so sure that clocks were routinely put on cars back in the 60's...I seem to remember that even when they were fairly new they did not keep accurate time. I know that mine has a tach, but no clock...

GT/CS S Code

Clock option ...

I suppose that many clocks might have been a dealer installed option too, and might not show on the window sticker or a Marti report? Our car didn't have a clock in the dash when we bought it, but I've since bought one which is being rebuilt right now with a quartz conversion kit and will be installed very shortly.
It might not have had a clock installed originally, but now it'll have one ... that keeps time!
:grin:

Ruppstang

The clock option was part of the deluxe inteior package but I think it could have been ordered seperately.Marty

OP
OP
T

Talan423

The clock option was part of the deluxe inteior package but I think it could have been ordered seperately.Marty

Did the delux interior package include a center console or was the console part of the GT package? I don't believe the clock is mentioned on anybody's Marti report either.
I do not have a center console but I do have delux seatbelts & tach.. I guess back then you could order this type of option ala cart.

Thanks for the responses!

Tom

Mosesatm

My car has a clock but it is not listed on the Marti. Was the clock part of the console option?

Ruppstang

The floor console was a single option. Interior Decor Group Included courtesy door lights with grill, roof console, bright trim on pedals, wood grain instrument panel door panels steering wheel and over head console, vinyl insert on shifter if automatic, bright trim buttons on seat backs, electric clock and padded quarter trim panel on hard tops only.
I think a clock was also included if you ordered the Sports Trim Package witch was styled steel wheels on V8s, wide ovel tires on V8s, two tone hood paint, wheel opening moldings, wood grain instrument panel steering wheel and door panels, electric clock, Comfort weave seat inserts on hardtop and fastback models.
The sports trim package was droped in early 68 so most GT-CS and HCS would not have had that option. As I said earlier the clock was also avaible as a single option. Marty

OP
OP
T

Talan423

Thanks for all the info. Marty. From all of this I have determined that my car did not have a clock option. If it could have been ordered as an individual item then I believe it would have been listed on my Marti report because I don't have the interior decor group.
This would probably be rather rare to see this option individualized on a Marti report.... How many people would say "Ya... I gotta have that clock" ?

Thanks
Tom

Ruppstang

Thanks for all the info. Marty. From all of this I have determined that my car did not have a clock option. If it could have been ordered as an individual item then I believe it would have been listed on my Marti report because I don't have the interior decor group.
This would probably be rather rare to see this option individualized on a Marti report.... How many people would say "Ya... I gotta have that clock" ?

Thanks
Tom

Tom a lot of those small options were added latter by the dealer. Marty