• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Convenience Light Setup on eBay

Perkchiro

390cs68rcode said:
board member

???????????? Board Member? Or Bored Member? I've been the member of several boards and been bored at several board meetings.

CougarCJ

That is a pretty rare option even for a Cougar. Optionally only on the standard (non-XR7's) in 1967 and 1968. Discontinued during the 1968 model year.
Low fuel, door ajar, parking brake light, and seat belt warning lights are all standard on XR7's. I have been meaning to investigate, locating the round indicator lights. I think that these exact ones or ones like them are found on late 1960's Lincolns and possibly full sized Merc's/Thunderbirds.

More than half of what is being sold in that auction is found on every 1967-68XR7. Just the round indicator lights and maybe that wiring harness is unique to the console location.

Low fuel thermister in the fuel tanks are dead on all but one of my friends Cougars. For anyone interested, I know of a fellow that has designed an electronic device that will trip the low fuel light when the resistence is low enough on the fuel gauge.

rvrtrash

CougarCJ said:
Low fuel thermister in the fuel tanks are dead on all but one of my friends Cougars. For anyone interested, I know of a fellow that has designed an electronic device that will trip the low fuel light when the resistence is low enough on the fuel gauge.

I'd have to go out through the snow to make sure, but I think the sender resistance rises as the fuel level drops.

Steve

CougarCJ

rvrtrash said:
I'd have to go out through the snow to make sure, but I think the sender resistance rises as the fuel level drops.

Steve

OK, save yourself the trip.:rolleyes: I am not an electronics whiz.

It works off of the gauge resistence. Performs the same duty as the tank thermister. Whick by the way is the same principle and gizmo as the low washer fluid detector on later model cars.

rvrtrash

I hope I didn't upset you. I was just trying to keep the info here accurate.

Steve:grin: