• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Convertible California Special

Sherri P.

;D

I found this CS while searching the web. It's located on Mustangsonly.com Icalled there 800-421-4635 number and spoke to the salesman. I asked if it was an original convertable CS, he said "Yes". I also asked the price,
he said $32,000. I thought it couldn't be a CS, because the vin is 8R03C......I thought they had to start with 8R01.......

So what is the opinion of this car? Although I do think it's a beautiful CS.

Sherri P. (still looking for a CS)

Here is the link

http://www.mustangsonly.com/cars/must30/must30.htm

BrandonB

im not 100% certain but I belive there were NO convertables at all only hard tops.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Only coupes (as confirmed by years of Paul's research and Marti Auto)

68sunlitgold

Sherri,
this guy has been trying to sell this car as a CS convertible for over 2 years. Many people from this site have told him that there where no convertible CS's made and he commented that "we" don't know everything. I would ask him if he has a Marti Auto Works report to authenticate it, I know that will make him studder.

And the fog lights are standard GT lights not Lucas or Marchals.

Doug

P

PNewitt

In all the years I've researched the GT/CS, I have NEVER found a "real" CS convertible. I have checked out many that were put together by owners, etc., but none of them have proven out as "real".

I've NEVER seen paperwork to prove any Cs (or HCS) convertibles were ever made, too.

I once asked Lee Grey (L.A. Sales Mgr.) AND Fred Goodell (Shelby Engineer) if they (FORD) ever made any CS convertibles, and they both answered (an assured) NO!

If this guy claims that this one is "real", let's see the paperwork to prove it. $32,000? If I was looking to buy this car, I'd be real careful and demand a Marti report on this car.

The 8R03 means a San Jose made convertible. 8R01 means coupe. I'd be real curious how this pans out.

Paul.

darb

He hasn't given up yet!? I joined this board awhile back, and there was a lengthly discussion roaring about this car.

Dozens of people have informed him they just don't exist...perhaps he invested a lot of money into this car, and now he doesn't want to have to face the reality it's really nothing more than a 1968 Convertible Clone. (Ouch).

Marti reported that there are no Convertible GT/CS according to Ford Records. It wasn't an option.

Also - I have an original GT/CS brochure listing the vehicle purchase options. It clearly says "COUPE ONLY" - I'm sure Ford wouldn't budge on a pesky customer who demanded a convertible.

The VIN does report it is a San Jose built vehicle...but San Jose's plant didn't just roll out GT/CS in 1968 I don't believe...

I guess he'll never give up, and we'll never give in.

Brad

carvensno

Has anyone threaten to turn him in to the BBB(better business bureau) for auto fraud ???, they might get him to straighten up, especialy they find out that he has been told and shown proof that there was never a GT/CS conv. ever made by ford!!!!!!! :p