• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cool Retro Shelby Mustang

CougarCJ

Saw this at SEMA, had me fooled for a minute looking at it head on.

updatedclassicshelby.jpg

updatedclassicshelby2.jpg

Nicely done if you ask me.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Definitely a ton of work went into that and I can appreciate the craftsmanship, but I don't care for it personally. Reminds me of the "retro" 1953 Corvettes they came out with several years ago. The old and new is just too at odds with each other. Looks unbalanced IMHO.

So, how was SEMA? It's on my to-do list every year, but haven't made it there yet. Lots of early Bronco stuff this year too.

http://www.aatcars.com/commem_ed.html

50th14.jpg

50th16.jpg

OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

SEMA was good, my second time sent by the company.
Lots of exhibits, must have walked 5 miles per day. Most of the stuff is for late models.
Jon, there is a company that makes a 1963 split window Corvette on the late model chassis, which is the best looking to me.

S197? if that is the 2005 and newer Mustang, yes.

I know that it doesn't apply to our cars, but Scott Drake is very close to having a 1967 390GT air cleaner available in reproduction. I confirmed that they will be made with and without the PCV elbow for the California cars. The chromed air cleaner lids will also be available as a stand alone.

aemoo28

SEMA 2010 had a few of the Camaros done this way. Looked strange until one got used to it. Please don't show me a CS done like this...:undecided

Attachments

• 1104001702.jpg
    1104001702.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 19
  • SEMA 2010 5 (10).jpg
    SEMA 2010 5 (10).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20
  • SEMA 2010 6 (29).jpg
    SEMA 2010 6 (29).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
CougarCJ

CougarCJ

I kind of liked the Camaro turned into Pontiac Trans Am's. There were a few of those too.

NosAvrenim

I kind of liked the Camaro turned into Pontiac Trans Am's. There were a few of those too.

I'm not a huge fan of the new Camaro (though I am glad that GM brought it back). That said, I do like the looks of the "faux birds" that custom shops are building out of the Camaros. Makes you wonder what could've been.

~Nate

hookedtrout

Looks like it would be a best of both worlds to me, old style looks with modern conveniences. There are times I love the old smell and old feel and struggle getting in and out of the old CS but there are times I wish it had all the modern conveniences with the same look.