• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ebay car has many options

Mustanglvr

gtcs1

Mustanglvr said:
I never noticed before but this car up for auction on Ebay has many nice options, some quite rare. It has the tilt-away steering wheel and AM-8 track tape radio, along with the interior decor group, ac, pb, ps and much more. They claim it has low miles. The auction will be over soon. This one would be a real keeper.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270053438342&rd=1&rd=1

In looking at the photos, I wonder about athenticity, after seeing some details.

Door tag has been reinstalled with improper rivets and there are 2 holes at the lower portion of the tag???. Since the tag has been painted over, the tag can't have been removed just to allow a better paint job.... Could it be the door has been replaced or worse the tag moved to another car. Need to see the windshield tag and if it's original. I would try also to see the engine VIN stamping.

The Calif script on left side is reversed. Has the quarter been replaced?

The antenna should be a round base, it is a square base.

I guess it needs few more questions to the seller.

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Yes, there would be a few questions as to what`s original on the car and whats not, It has a Marti report and Ford report for authenticity.

Mosesatm

I agree that this could be a nice car but it could also be an absolute monster.

Those reports are based on the VIN but since the tag has been replaced who knows if it is the correct VIN. Remember out friend who was trying to sell a GT/CS VIN tag on eBay a few months ago?

The front fenders are off a '67 and there is the infamous cracked sail panel.

I think this is a scary car that has a lot of potentially deal-breaking issues.

gtcs1

Mosesatm said:
The front fenders are off a '67 and there is the infamous cracked sail panel.

QUOTE]

For my own knowledge, how do you differentiate the 67 & 68 front fenders.
Thanks

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

They are 67 front fenders, because of no turn signal lights, in front of the front wheels, right?
Whats a sail panel?

Ok, this thread should have read that "the car on the Marti report has many options". I think a many optioned car like this would be worth more some day, but I suppose the color would turn alot of people off. I think that color green will be back in style someday. My Mom`s house decor, furniture and carpets were done in that color back in the 70`s. There was also orange and brown. It was very fashionable back then and will be again.

sam

where do you find the vin engine stamping???? That's something I've always wanted to know................

Mosesatm

A partial VIN should be on the top of the block, just behind the intake manifold.

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
Whats a sail panel?

Also known as a C-pillar; it's the vertical piece where the roof meets the quarter panel. The description says there is a crack along that joint.

gt bandit

I don't like the spray job on the engine or the rust clearly visible on the springs etc - this indicates to me that there is a distinct possibility of floor damage from rust.

I for one would not be Bidding with confidence as the dealer quotes.

but i do like the tilt away steering - that's kinda cool.

rvrtrash

BroadwayBlue said:
Has it been confirmed that the antenna should be a round base?

My car was built in May and had a round base antenna. The reproduction I bought was also round base.

Steve

CJ

Marti reports 8 track player, unfortunately an aftermarket radio is there instead.

CJ