• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fog Lights switch wiring

TraveledGTCS

Good day all. I'm hoping someone could take a look at the wiring to the Fog Light switch. Mine no longer work and when I looked at the connection I found that three wires were on the switch side and only two wires on the other connector; however, there looks to be a knob where possibly a wire should be. I just need to get it verified and then either find a new wire set for it or try to fix it other ways. I'm including a photo of the connector I'm asking about. The one in the foreground is from the switch and the one in the background is the the one in question. I should note here that last year I discovered a couple mice in the car, so maybe it was chewed off, but I didn't see any loose wires.

Thanks for any info.

Bill
FogLiteConnecter2.jpg

speedy02

1695678746316.png

I would check the other connection. But this is the wire in question. Unfortunately this wiring is taped to the under dash wiring harness and may not be so easy to replace.

1695679137673.png

speedy02

434a2bdd4309ce5f9709001228b8fd5d.jpg

This is where it connects at fuse box area.

fba202187dc2e6b90c49629cb2a89b12.jpg

Showing Foglight harness taped and connected to under dash harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

I have the under-dash wires on order. I just need to trace them back remove the old ones and replace with new. It'll be a project for this winter. Just hope my bod can take the bending under the dash and reaching around behind the dash after I get it out. Fun, fun, fun.

Thanks Speedy02 for your info.

speedy02

I would remove the Driver Seats to allow more space. You will more than likely have to remove door scuff plate, kick panels, instrument cluster and heater control panel.

OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

I was able to locate most of the plug-in connectors by removing the dash and heater controls. The only thing I'll need to splice will be the hot wire to the circuit breaker above the fuse box. I had to remove the two hold-down brackets for the wiring harness to get to the harness from the switch area to the fog light and taillight connectors. There were about four places where a single wrap of tape held the wiring to the main harness. I don't remember anyone working on it, so far as I know it is original. Now I just need to wait for the part to come in. Still didn't find the wire which would have gone to the center wire of the connector to the switch. Weird.