• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fun with Wiring!!

Mosesatm

I may not be the brightest bulb (pun intended), but I’m pretty sure these white lights are not the taillights, nor should they be attached to the headlight switch.

Attachments

• IMG_7684.jpeg
    IMG_7684.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

franklinair

IIRC, the neutral/start switch provides power for the back up lites. You may need to adjust it.

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Oh boy, this doesn’t look good!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7685.jpeg
    IMG_7685.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

That's almost what I said, but my question was a little more R-rated.

rvrtrash

Don't you just love it when Bubba decides to get creative?

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I got distracted, as usual.

Attachments

• IMG_7693.jpeg
    IMG_7693.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

We have turn signals and emergency flashers!!! Working on the brake lights tomorrow. Someone bypassed the contact brake switch at the pedal and installed a pressure switch near the master cylinder. I have power to the pressure switch and the lights work if I jumper the switch, so I'm going to flush the lines and install a new switch. Hopefully, it's just gunked up.

Then it's the backup lights. If I remember correctly there are two plugs under the heater controls that connect the taillight harness to the dash harness. Is there any way those plugs can get switched, or are they idiot-proof? Do the backup lights even run through that harness?

rvrtrash

It's been a while, but I thought the plugs for the tail light harness, etc, were behind the drivers front kick panel.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Well, the taillight problem is an easy fix. The ‘new’ wiring harness from the dash to the lights is incorrectly wired. An old crusty one I have works great.
Now the brakes!

Attachments

• IMG_7717.jpeg
    IMG_7717.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 35

cmacias24

I had a similar problem with the new repro harness and found that the connector that plugs under the dash had the wires in the wrong order. I was able to get around that by modifying the connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk