• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/SC lime gold painted

limelyt

We are finally starting paint the car and are finding that there is a lot of different information on color codes. I would like to know if anyone knows the color code for the interior (ie. dash, doors, steering column) is it the same as the exterior color but with out clear coat?

thanks

Gary

J_Speegle

I would like to know if anyone knows the color code for the interior (ie. dash, doors, steering column) is it the same as the exterior color but with out clear coat?

No
It's a different mix (base coat/clear coat wasn't done back then)

Russ

Gary, I also have a lime gold CS that I'm restoring. Mine has the black (code 2A) standard interior, but they also came in other interior colors (ivy green, parchment, etc). If yours is black, I can tell you that the dash and steering column is painted black metallic, and the door panels are semi gloss black.
You can determine the color of your interior by checking the trim code on the warranty plate on the driver door. Hope this helps, Russ

Last edited:

miller511

Limelyt,

Interior colors and codes are completely independent and different than exterior paint colors.

Mine is Tahoe Turquoise exterior and Aqua interior...close, but not the same. Other "blue based exteriors (acapulco blue, britney blue, etc.)" might have had Aqua interior (or any other interior color for that matter).
Lime Gold exterior could have had any color interior...but probably black, ivy gold, or nugget gold, etc.

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

miller511

Gary,

Post the door tag info and we can decipher the interior options for you.

If it shows 2B (standard bucket blue interior) or 2D (standard bucket red interior) you have a truly rare color combo. My Mustangs by the Numbers book says that there were very few of these made...1 and 2 respectively.

I was able to buy the interior paint rattle cans for mine from either Mustangs Plus or Cobranda.

-Jeff

Diesel Donna

Gary,
I am green green green! Lime gold on the outside and five shades of green on the inside! Jeff is right about the interior and exterior being different colors.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

Thanks everyone for all the good info. I think I will head down to the Mustang Shop and pick up a rattle can of interior trim and see how close it is to the exterior color