• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

In Sacramento this morning...

Midnight Special

...Two passes. Neat experience :)

Attachments

• _DSC0862.jpg
    _DSC0862.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 43
  • _DSC0867.jpg
    _DSC0867.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 42
  • _DSC0868.jpg
    _DSC0868.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 44
  • _DSC0878.jpg
    _DSC0878.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
  • _DSC0881.jpg
    _DSC0881.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 41

68CaliSp

It’s really sad to see the program scrapped...but good to know that they will be re-engineered to current technological standards. Amazing pics Tim! I will never forget the couple launches I've seen and the one landing.

gt/csj4

Great pics Tim. I have always been fascinated with NASA and the "shuttle" programs, even if it is a dead program, who knows, by popular demand it may once again rise from a shallow grave, although unlikely.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Thanks all. It was an incredible era to say the least. It was also great of NASA to fly it around as they did. Huge crowds gathered in Sacramento and San Francisco and cheered. Lots of patriotism too!.. Neat stuff indeed :)

Attachments

• _DSC0859.jpg
    _DSC0859.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 37
  • _DSC0884.jpg
    _DSC0884.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 33

PonyGal

Tim,

Thanks to you and Brian for picking me up Friday morning to go downtown to see the space shuttle with you. My Lord it was an amazing experience!! We just happened to find the PERFECT lookout point (thanks to Tim's wonderful driving instinct) and it was really great to see the shuttle up close. I left the picture taking to Tim and his brother Brian since they had much superior cameras, but I did get a couple of videos on my small camera. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me :-] UNFORGETABLE!!!!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

....Unforgettable indeed, Renee! Now let's see how Thursday goes for chasing another fine piece of history :)

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 30

Ruppstang

Tim that is a very well optioned car and even convenience lights a supper rare option.
Have any pictures? Marty

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Tim that is a very well optioned car and even convenience lights a super rare option.
Have any pictures? Marty

...Less than 90K original miles, original paint, new top and rebuilt engine w/ about 200 miles, AC and rear defroster work beautifully. The convenience lights were shocking to see on the Marti as they were apparently removed at some point...

Attachments

• 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 32
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 29

robert campbell

Tim,
The convenience group option in a air conditioned car are moved to the console face to the best of my knowledge. Two lights on either side of the console door in the vertical pad. If you pull the pad around the console door the holes for the lights exist in the plate behind even if the car never had the lights. All the plates were manufactured with these holes in them. If it ever had the lights you may see the wiring and the gas tank sending unit is different. With a door panel off you can shine a flash light at the door latch and see the sensor switch for the “door ajar” light.

Sometimes I wonder about the record keeping back in the day. Car was ordered with something, but never seemed to have it. Was it not installed due to a parts shortage or was it inaccurate record keeping?

That car looks so original that imo it seems funny that someone would remove the option? Stranger things have happened.

Rob

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Thanks Rob, All good points and we'll give it a closer inspection. TJ had hopes of giving it a red paint job, adding duel exhaust & all that stuff. I'm inclined to leave it as is while replacing the SS wheels back to hubcaps as well as losing those orange plug wires and (kid looking) air cleaner for stock units. This car is an amazing survivor with no rust or wreck repair save for a few light dings. Definately a "Pappa Neil" sort of car ;-)