• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale J-Code in Southern Oregon

NWGearhead

Well… it’s time… I need to sell my GT/CS. I don’t drive it enough to warrant the payments I am making on it, I need the space, and I could use the money to help refurbish a home my wife and I just purchased. I hate to do it, but I know there will be other cars in my future.

Anyway, here are the details:

• It is a J-code 4-speed (now with a nice 5-speed installed)
• Original Marchel fog lights
• Hurst shifter
• Engine has been balanced and blueprinted
• Edelbrock intake
• Holley Carburetor
• MSD electronic ignition
• Tri-Y headers
• Flowmaster dual exhaust
• Air shocks in back
• Alpine stereo and amplifier
• Restored by the prior owner shortly before I purchased it
• Elite Marti shows this is a 1 of 1 car.
• Comes with stock rims and new tires. I also have a set of Torque Thrusts with BFG Radial T/A’s available.

This car is not a stock resto, but is rather a very tasteful restomod. All the work was done prior to my purchase, so I do not know the particulars of the engine work. For someone looking to return it to stock, as far as I can tell nothing was done that cannot be undone.

This car has garnered trophies in two of the past three years at the Kruise of Klamath (It was beat out this year by a perfect 66 fastback, a Shelby GT350H, and a heavily optioned ‘69 Mach 1 with either a 428 or a 429).

I have attached a bunch of pictures. Some of them I took, others were supplied to me by the company I purchased the car from.

I am asking $22,000, which is a big loss from what I paid. I know the market is soft right now, so I am okay taking the loss, but I am not willing to take too much of a beating. If you are interested, please contact me. I can arrange a viewing for either yourself, or someone else that is nearby and will volunteer to check the car out for you.

I will be posting on eBay soon, but I wanted to give the folks here first shot at it since you are the true GT/CS fanatics, and it should go to a home where it will be appreciated and loved.

Attachments

• 68fordmustanggtcsred02.jpg
    68fordmustanggtcsred02.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 68gtcs01.jpg
    68gtcs01.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 68gtcs07.jpg
    68gtcs07.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 68gtcs17.jpg
    68gtcs17.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_2728 c1_sm.jpg
    100_2728 c1_sm.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 68gtcs08.jpg
    68gtcs08.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 68gtcs06.jpg
    68gtcs06.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

ddhenry68

Hey NWGearhead

Hi,
Where were you a week ago !! LOL :smile:

Last Saturday, I bought a CS project car because I couldn't find a good quality driver on the market.

I have spent considerable time checking out cars that were way over-hyped and finally bought something that needs LOTS of TLC. But, if yours has no skeletons in the closet, I'd be interested in knowing more and I might change direction.

It would be a long drive up there to see it so I would love to get more detailed information. Perhaps we could trade emails.

d

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

You've got mail. :smile:

Hi,
Where were you a week ago !! LOL :smile:

Last Saturday, I bought a CS project car because I couldn't find a good quality driver on the market.

I have spent considerable time checking out cars that were way over-hyped and finally bought something that needs LOTS of TLC. But, if yours has no skeletons in the closet, I'd be interested in knowing more and I might change direction.

It would be a long drive up there to see it so I would love to get more detailed information. Perhaps we could trade emails.

d

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

Just a quick heads up that I will be posting the car on eBay fairly soon, so if anyone here is interested, now is the time to contact me.

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

Price Reduction - Last Chance

In an effort to avoid having to eBay my car, I am reducing the price to $20,000 cash. If I do not have a buyer by Saturday I will post it on eBay and let the masses decide what the car is worth, subject to my reserve of course :grin:.

Midnight Special

After the first dozen, what's one more? :grin:

...Too many surprises like "this" during winters plus lots of maintenance & batteries to keep charged etc... Seriously tho - I would love to add your car! The 302 / 5-spd combo in addition to its neatness is very appealing for what we do :) Someone is going to get a great CS!

Attachments

• IM002932.JPG
    IM002932.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 48

CougarCJ

You almost blanked out the VIN number on eBay.

Is it 8R01J155940?:smile:

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

You almost blanked out the VIN number on eBay.

Is it 8R01J155940?:smile:

Good catch. I'm guessing that the scumbags that copy eBay listings and try to scam people out of their money are not intelligent enough to know how VINs are put together, let alone know how to find the second part. :icon_lol:

OP
OP
N

NWGearhead

It Sold!

Well folks, it sold tonight on eBay for $19,999. My feeling is that someone got a very nice deal, but I am not disappointed. Hopefully the new owner will make introductions at some point.