• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Knight Rider

BroadwayBlue

I just finished watching most of the Knight Rider show.
I have it on my DVR so will to back and watch the rest later this week.

It wasn't too bad. What did everyone think?

For those that did see it...

They worked in Mustang, Ford and Cobra references whenever they could. Plenty of closeup shots of the Cobra emblem I noticed.

I have to go back and watch it but the kid in the motel ... was he reading Mustang Monthly or something similar?

Usually the bad guys don't drive the same make of the feature car but they had a Ford Edge that was keeping up pretty good with KITT.

At the end they switched to a GM SUV.

Also at the end ... no airbags in the SUV? GM can't be happy about that one :grin:

Perkchiro

I watched it too. I didn't think much of the story line but the car was way cool. Loved the exhaust notes, camera shots of the car and Cobra emblems. I'll watch again just to get to see the car!

Mustanglvr

The character`s were somewhat boring, personality wise. The star of the show really shined though. That is one beautiful Shelby (Mustang)!
I`m hooked.

ahainline

Story line sucked but I guess it WAS the first episode so I will give them a break.. overall it wasnt bad. Will definitely keep watching.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

They are replaying it Saturday 2/23 at 9pm EST for those that want to catch a glimpse

I'm guessing I won't be seeing a Shelby GT500 KR like this at one of my local car shows anytime soon :grin:

Although I did enter the contest to win one!

Attachments

• 215290379_DSC_0187.JPG
    215290379_DSC_0187.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 215290540_DSC_0188.JPG
    215290540_DSC_0188.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 27

clubpro

One of the worst shows that I have ever seen! The car was great and the Ranchero at the hotel was nice too. My brother worked on the original show and I have to say the acting was just as bad on the first show. I will probably watch another episode, but if the story line doesn't improve it won't be on my must watch list.

Cheers!

Ron

vman

They are replaying it Saturday 2/23 at 9pm EST for those that want to catch a glimpse

I'm guessing I won't be seeing a Shelby GT500 KR like this at one of my local car shows anytime soon :grin:

Although I did enter the contest to win one!
Have attached a pic of the right hand drive that was at our show recntly.

Attachments

• 106_2372.jpg
    106_2372.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 29
P

PNewitt

I haven't seen it yet, but the car looks cool. The original one was really a Mustang GT with a Shelby nose added--at Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) in L.A., because the KR wasn't out then.

I was told that the star of the show's personal car is a 2008 Bullitt (Highland green) with a GAS installed supercharger.

Years ago, I had a friend that was the designer of the Airwolf copter (Andrew Probert), and we walked the back lot at Universal, and saw the hero version of KITT (Firebird), and got to sit in it. There were stunt cars next to it with simple steering wheels and no dash.

Too bad GAS doesn't offer a KITT Kit....to make your GT into one...or part of one.

Paul N.