• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for missing '68 in Canada

TexAg

To all of my Canadian brethren,

I'm looking for a little help. I sold a '68 Mustang many years ago to a gentleman who was going to take the car back to Canada. There isn't anything really special about the car other than it was my first Mustang, although it was nicely a nicely options C-code.

I'd like to get it back, but as I understand it, the privacy laws in Canada are a little more strict than here in the states.

Is there anyway that I can find the current owner of the vehicle?? I do have the vin#.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

stangfan

There is no way to trace a car through "official" channels in Canada. I would suggest that you post all the info you have on the car, including the vin and a description. Maybe even when it was sold and to what part of the country it went. Who knows, maybe someone will recognize it.

OP
OP
TexAg

TexAg

Thanks, Steve!

The car is a highland green C-code with ivy gold interior (8F01C209213). Probably the most identifying characteristic is that had dealer installed GT fog lights and white C-stripes. I purchased the car in 1989 while in high school from the original owner, a true "grocery-getter" and then made the unfortunate decision to sell it the next year for something more "reliable". :frust:

I sold it to a gentleman out of Corpus Christi, TX with the last name of Beattie. I have additional info on the gentleman, but I won't post that in order to protect his privacy.

It was my understanding that he was purchasing the car for a family member from Canada and that the car would be heading that direction. It was last registered in Texas in 1991.

I'm interested in finding the car and possibly purchasing it, assuming that it even still exists. Having this highland green GT/CS has made me a little nostalgic.

Any help would be much appreciated.