• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal Light covers?

CraigB

I did a search of the forum and found a few references to the availability of plastic covers for the Marchal lights but most of the posts were pretty old. My GT/CS is a March 68 build with the Marchal lights. She is out to come out of her RHD conversion and resto and I don't want to get the lights broken by a stray rock.

Does anyone know if these covers are still available?

CraigB

NWGearhead

I have not been able to find plastic covers, but I did score some really nice looking slip on vinyl covers on eBay last year. They are white with the Marchel logo and name, and have elastic in them to keep them from flying off in the wind. These were new (not NOS), so someone out there is making them currently.

nfrntau

If you are not intersted in having a Marchal insignia on the covers you can get other covers that fit well and look good for just a few $. There should be a thread regarding covers in the site archives. That's where I got my lead on them.

gtcs1

I did a search of the forum and found a few references to the availability of plastic covers for the Marchal lights but most of the posts were pretty old. My GT/CS is a March 68 build with the Marchal lights. She is out to come out of her RHD conversion and resto and I don't want to get the lights broken by a stray rock.

Does anyone know if these covers are still available?

CraigB

The ones shown on ebay are repro type. The NOS real slip-on vinyl ones are as shown in the photo. I have a couple pairs of them.

Attachments

• marchal cover.jpg
    marchal cover.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

J_Speegle

Never heard of plastic covers for those lights. Saw plenty of the bag types in the 80's on T-birds and the like

68gt390

The plastic covers were mainly for the early Fox body cars and those marchals would be incorrect for our cars. When I first got my CS I almost made the mistake of buying a pair for the early Fox body and later learned they were incorrect.

Don