• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Off to Pick-Up my New GT/CS

Midnight Special

Thanks for all the comments. I love the Lime Gold. Missed out on buying a GT500KR convertible recently in that color.

Hey Tim. We used to shoot down B-29 drones here at China Lake. When I started working here in 1985 there was boneyard of B-29 hulks on the base. Got to go out and look at them once. Pretty cool. There was a building where they put all the parts that they took off of the B-29s when they were converted to drones. Things like the instruments, seats, load adjusters, etc. I was blown-away when I went through the building. I asked the Branch Head in charge of the building what happened to all that stuff in about 1990. He said they needed the room and threw it all in dumpsters and had it hauled off. UNBELIEVABLE.

Scott

...Scott, would love to discuss that sometime :) At least 3 of the surviving B-29s came from China Lake - two were flown out and 1 towed... Many of the remaining hulks were used as practice ground strafing targets, correct?

Anyway... Sorry to detract ;-) I just have too many" paralleling passions".

Congratulations on your latest GT/CS.........Again!