• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 paul newitt

cool68

well let me start with this...I,m on my 3rd GT/CS my first one I purchased in the late 80s at that time I picked up a copy of paul newitts GT/CS recognition guide.... well I ended up selling that one to get a 68 GT 390 coupe with a 4 speed but thats another story...two mustang later I ended up with my 2nd GT/CS this was in the mid 90s and paul newitt came out with a new GT/CS recognition guide so I ordered that one and it never came...I ended up trading that one in on a corvette of all things...so now I,m on my 3rd GT/CS and this one is a keeper for life....so I started thinking how I never got my recognition guide from paul newitt so I wrote him via email explaining how I never got a copy of the 2nd recognition guide...do you know what this man told me? I,m going to send you a copy of my new book I said are you serious? that book cost $100... he said that's ok and he said I,m sorry you didn,t get the other recognition guide.....that just blows my mind...what a great guy...hes a very fair and honest man in my book...its been almost 20 years since I sent off for his 2nd recognition guide...he didn,t have to give me his new book but he made things right the man has a lot of character and hes okay in my book :smile:

ponyboy

Ill agree..too bad there's some people on this site who think different.. and too bad he's gone from this site! :-(

sam

Yes indeed , a great gesture from Paul. I wish he was still around and hope all is well with him. Congratulations on your "keeper" vintage California Special Mustang. Emjoy the day.

Mustanglvr

Don't worry, Paul knows what that second recognition guide is worth. Way more then his new one, lol. Just kidding Paul! :)

DLedin

Yes, despite the difficulties that occurred between him and others, I've always found Paul to be very fair and kind to me personally.

He was in town at the time the new book first became available and he took the time to hand-deliver the new recognition guide to my home. Not a big deal but, to me, it's the little things that make a difference.

-DLedin

stangfan

He was in town at the time the new book first became available and he took the time to hand-deliver the new recognition guide to my home. Not a big deal but, to me, it's the little things that make a difference.

-DLedin

That is very cool! :cool:

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

hello all

hey all I just received my book from paul newitt.....wow what a great book...he even sent me a window decal.....what a great person....if you have a GT/CS this is a must have book.......I have two copys :smile:

ponyboy

Hey do you think we could ever talk Paul into reproducing the GTCS horn emblem and dash emblems... I would buy a few .. anyone close with him to ask him?