• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Progress report.

rvrtrash

Just thought I'd jump in with a report. The CS went to the bead blaster on Fri. Morning to have the inside and outside of the engine bay and underside blasted. Should be back on Tues. or Wed. Then the apron under the battery tray repair and paint/ reassemble begins. I also received my car hoist on Fri. so spent most of the day yesterday putting it together. Just need to go down to get oil for the pump and try it out. How cool is that?
Steve

68sunlitgold

Steve,
are you doing most of the restoration yourself, beside the beadblasting. I plan to do most of it myself too, beside the final body work and painting.
Doug

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I do almost everything myself because I'm anal about the details. Most shops just want to get the job done. I'll paint the engine compartment and undercoat but will send the car to a paint guy I like because you need a good booth to keep the dust and bugs out. If the paint looks crappy, it brings down the whole car.
Steve