• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 PS Pulley for a 68 289

dalorzo_f

Have a box full of pulleys and have mixed them up, do not recall which came off the GTCS... I think it is a 7AE (289, no AC)

I also have a 7AA, 6AA, and a couple AF's...

Can anyone confirm the 7AE?

Mosesatm

If I remember correctly, the AF is the correct pully for the PS Pump. Mike.

Mike,
Here is what I found on Page 8-51 of Bob Mannel's book, "...two pulleys were used in 1968. The smaller pulley measured 4.6" and was marked 7AE. It was used without A/C. The larger pulley was used with A/C and measured 5.0". It was stamped 7AD." There is also a chart of Page B-14 and other notes on B-15.

He also states that in 1969 Ford replaced the 7AE with a 7AA or 7AF pulley to slow down the pump on cars with 3.25 & higher rear gears. Could be a good idea for our cars, too.

Last edited: