• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Random Suspension Questions

BOSS3024ME

Hi All

As I sway wildly between keep and see I figured if I try to tear into this thing some more maybe I will past my wall.

I was planning on doing full suspension rebuild new a arms ect, but the n I was wondering about just doing bushings and such.

Money is not an issue it is trying to keep the car as original as possible.

I have a full powdercoat line at work and sandblast so I could easily sandblast and powder coat my old A Arms and buy new bushings.

So give me some input should buy all the new suspension parts (Springs a arms and such) or should I replace the bushings and wear parts.

My other concern is fit and quality of the parts I buy.

I have seen some pretty crappy repops

Thanks all

Ruppstang

I have never been disappointed in a restored Ford part. Its a different story on the reproduction parts. I am a concours guy so added performance is not as important as authenticity.
Marty

dalorzo_f

How are you going to drive it?

As Marty notes as long as the original part is not damaged or corroded they usually scrub up fine.

If a daily street driver stock parts work fine.