• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Red/Red CS on E-bay

franklinair

I'm interested in the C/S listed on E-bay, located in Anaheim (302,P/S, P/B, A/C). Is anyone close enough and has the time to check it out for me? Anyone familiar with this car? It has a Marti report, but I didn't see it listed in any registry. Any help would be most appreciated.
Neil Hoppe:undecided

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

That would be great. The car looks like it has potential for a nice driver- minor body work, fresh interior, paint more than likely. I just don't want to get caught-up in major rust repair. Those days are long behind me! I've done restos in the past (rotisserie,down to the bone) but I'm not that young anymore.
Anyone in the Anaheim area that could loan me the use of your eyeballs & opinion would be most appreciated.
Neil Hoppe

joedls

I work in Anaheim. I'll check the car out for you if you get me the contact info. I'll guarantee you that I won't be as thorough as Arlie was with the car he reported on in Texas, though.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Joe;
I sent an e-mail to the seller asking for contact info to arrange looking at the car. I'll forward it to you when I get it. One of my tests is to pour a glass of water in each side of the cowl vents, and see where it runs out. If the water leaks onto the floor inside = cowls are rusted through. An ultra inspection as Arlie did is not necessary, as this car doesn't appear to be the high dollar caliber like the one in TX. I just want to avoid opening a can of worms.
Many thanks, Neil Hoppe

joedls

I do the same thing to check the cowl vents. Let me know and I'll do a good job checking it out for you. I know of most of the problem areas with these cars. If you want me to check something out in particular, or want specific pics, let me know.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Joe:
The seller called me right back. I'm sending you a PM with his name & phone#. Many, many thanks.
Neil

Doug

I saw this car a while back. I think that this is the second time this car has been on eBay, the 1st time it do not meet reserve. The owner is quite familiar with Mustangs and is only selling this car because as I understand it he bought another one. When I looked at this car he stated that he wanted $13000+ for it. I felt (and still do) that at that price and what it would need to make it a real nice car it would not be worth it. At this right cost this car would be a great start. However that is just my opinion.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I agree. The E-Bay ad says he has it advertised locally for $13,800. Too much for the apparent condition & required repairs/upgrading. Don't know if the A/C works. Body work & paint, interior, etc. My biggest concerns are the cowls, floorpans, frame, and torque boxes. If the car checks out reasonably well, I'll make an offer. I do have a feel for value before & after completion. If there is enough leeway between these figures, I'll attempt to purchase it. If not, I'll find another one. We'll see.
Neil Hoppe

joedls

I agree. The E-Bay ad says he has it advertised locally for $13,800. Too much for the apparent condition & required repairs/upgrading. Don't know if the A/C works. Body work & paint, interior, etc. My biggest concerns are the cowls, floorpans, frame, and torque boxes. If the car checks out reasonably well, I'll make an offer. I do have a feel for value before & after completion. If there is enough leeway between these figures, I'll attempt to purchase it. If not, I'll find another one. We'll see.
Neil Hoppe

I just looked at the car. I think he represents the car pretty well in his ad. The only rust I could find, other than surface rust was the battery tray, the driver's door, and a little on the passenger rear quarter. The floors, frame, and torque boxes were solid. The engine started up with no smoke and purred like a kitten. It's definitely a survivor; has never been restored. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions.

P.S. No rust in the cowl. Water drained right out.