• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

(Rock, Paper) Scissors?

miller511

...Or Bottle?

Trying to finish my incomplete trunk area. Did the 1968 Mustangs come with a scissor jack? Or a hydraulic bottle jack?
Anyone have a picture of the correct complete set of tools that they came with?

Thanks, Jeff

6t8-390gt

Scissor jack, lug wrench (stamped steel folding end), hold down bolt, nut, and in some cases a spacer.

The storage method depends on wheel combo.

GTCSMustang

For what it's worth, I've seen 3-different style jacks in 1968 Mustangs and 4-different style handles. The "J"-bolt and wingnut seem to always be the same though.

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Thanks guys.

This jack and tool issue sounds perhaps like a few other things with Mustangs of that era in that if they ran out of a particular part at the assembly plant, they substituted it with another. So long as it generally fit into the same form, fit, and functionality. I would guess that jacks and tools fell into this category.

I remember a thread about inconsistencies with antennas (square vs. round base).

-Jeff