• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Saac-35 invitation

Midnight Special

I wouldn't leave the book at home, I'd take it and get any signatures you may have the opportunity to get, I would just make sure you aren't using it in a negative way. I think the book makes a great conversation topic for the positive aspects.

...By all means take the book, get signatures and let it speak for itself :)

Doug

Jbart and I will be there to represent, and talk back to "anyone" who dogs our fabulous cs.com site. OH can I talk BACK.

As Rodney King once said - Can't we all just get along?

Why do we have to be so combative with others? Thius site once had a person like that and look where it got that person.

J.Bart

To the good people of this site, I extended this invitation for you to bring your GT/CS cars to SAAC-35 at the request of the SAAC administration. They graciously opened their doors to GT/CS owners to display their cars and join in on the fun not at the request of one man, but because they now recognize the GT/CS as a direct result of a vision of Carroll Shelby. The previous invitation thread was tainted by negative reaction/feelings toward one particular person and therefore became a forum for mudslinging.

I would like to ask all negative feelings be left at home and not brought to this event. We don’t need this and we certainly don’t want the folks at SAAC thinking they made a mistake inviting us. We are one big family, whether we belong to any given web site. WE have our own stories about our cars, and that is what makes us a family. All families have their feuds, and nothing brings them to the surface like a family reunion. Lets put out those torches this time and build a new camp fire with fond memories.

So far I have approximately 13 GT/CS cars and several owners planning to attend without cars, some from this site and others who are not. I for one am planning for this to be a “Good time had by all” event, and would like for us to make a good showing as a GT/CS family, whether we belong to “CaliforniaSpecial.Com” or not. I have been allowed to bring my 37 foot fifth wheel travel trailer onto the site and park it near the GT/CS paddock. I will be staying on site and will watch over the cars left on scene over night, as well as offering the area as a gathering point for all who want to get together, sit and swap lies, make new friends, or just relax and enjoy the day.

This invitation and request is offered solely by me, Mike Jewell, AKA “Somethingspecial”, currently a PROUD member of “CaliforniaSpecial.com”.

ditto....

well said mike,
and thanks for hospitality
see you there

Doug

As I understand it they are going to have drag races on Friday afternoon - how much fun will that be.

I'll be there.

J.Bart

As I understand it they are going to have drag races on Friday afternoon - how much fun will that be.

I'll be there.

it should be a blast

i'm registered for it, are you???

i'll have to remember to gas up after the road course

Doug

i'm registered for it, are you???

I have not registered because I am not bringing may car I'll be in San Jose (my wife is going for her doctorate) and I'll on business Thursday and will drive up on Friday.

I have been going to SAAC events since the late 80's and have owned 2 different 66 Shelby's so I just love these events. Another thing with Mike's involvement it's got to be super.

Hope to run into you.

Doug

J.Bart

ok.... street/track pads installed. i found out you have to have a specialty tool to decompress, (screw back in) rear calipers. (to make room for new pads)
braided brake lines finally installed
super dot 610 high temp brake fluid installed,... old fluid completely drained.
fyi::: it takes 32 ounces to fill entire system
feels much better, now if i forget my seatbelt, the windsheild promisses to remind me.
i think it'll stop on seven cents

i believe the "super cs smokes shelby" video, has painted a target on me and Amy.
but Amy and I will do our best to let the shelby's know that gt/cs's got horse's too!!!

J.Bart

a 428 cj ram air, embarrased??? impossible!
that's cruising in style!!!