• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Satan Returns to My Garage

robert campbell

All,
What is left of Satan is in my garage. I think most of the original GT/CS pieces are gone and have been replaced with repop stuff. How sad as an unscrupulous body guy did this. It is supposed to have the automatic that Amy had rebuilt.

It has a kinda nice 289 with Ford Aluminum heads and hipo exhaust manifolds. Power discs and other upgrades. This car is being promoted by the owner as a GT/CS "tribute" car. He is a great guy and just wants a car he can enjoy at this point in time. I have the vin, but will pm it only to Mike for the registry as a re-body. I am tuning it in and it runs pretty darn good.

For those who did not see the first e-mail, an unscrupulous body guy talked the owner out of fixing the original body which was a rare pebble beige GT/CS. That body was destroyed and the below is what is left. And the body guy stole the original GT/CS pieces. It needs finishing, but is coming along. The stripes are gray on the car, but photo white in the pics.

Rob

admin

Staff member
Administrator
This is a trashed body? :confused: Are we looking at the same photos?

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Jon,
Nope, Satan's orginal body was cut up and destroyed. This is a doner car that needed a lot of work, but was deemed a better car to start with, due to rust in Satan. I was under and around the original Satan, and it had rust, but far less than some of the stuff that Marty sees in the mid-west.

Satan was very fixable! Sad that she fell into the hands of a bad body guy who destroyed her.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Absolutely not. I sent Mike this cars VIN so he can link it up to the old Satan VIN. He is very straight as representing it as a "tribute" car. He was screwed over badly and would not think of doing anything similar.

He is NOT representing it as a true GT/CS.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Thanks Rob. Registry linked to reflect both VINs. Bummer.

Serious bummer.... Perfectly restorable, rare and real GT/CS, destroyed and an owner cheated out of his parts and the value of a rare piece of "Americana"..... Makes me want to step over a line that there is no return from......

Rob

aemoo28

RIP Satan

I can barely stomach this info. Good for Rob, helping out Satan2. Hey Rob, not sure if u heard, but Mike G passed suddenly. Wake is at his house in Bremerton this Sun 1-3. Mike was my teacher and together we took her apart & put her back together again.

franklinair

I believe it is. I met Amy, and saw her car at the Mustang show in SEA. We all had a GREAT dinner @ Rob & Val's place that weekend.

Neil

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Sad to say, but this was Satan. A rare GT/CS cut up and gone. It was fixable and now gone.... And dinner with Neil was awesome!!!

Rob