• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Something special on Mustang Monthly Oct issue

somethingspecial

Thanks Guys

They told me in May it was going to be in the October issue, but I still have not been able to find a copy of it. Still looking.

teamlo

Beautiful car. Love the color! Congratulations!!

Terry

somethingspecial

Found a copy today

Thanks guys for your comments. I want to give credit where credit is due. Tim O'Brien (Midnight Special) was one of the former owners of this car and the reason I have this car today. He told me about the car in 1983 and took me to the then current owner. I purchased the car and when the car came available again in 2005, he made it possible for me to get the car back. I wish this fact hadn't hit the editors floor. Thank you Tim, and all who helped me make this car what it is today.

whodat

Hopefully it will be in the mailbox when I get in.

Midnight Special

Thanks guys for your comments. I want to give credit where credit is due. Tim O'Brien (Midnight Special) was one of the former owners of this car and the reason I have this car today. He told me about the car in 1983 and took me to the then current owner. I purchased the car and when the car came available again in 2005, he made it possible for me to get the car back. I wish this fact hadn't hit the editors floor. Thank you Tim, and all who helped me make this car what it is today.

...Wow, Thanks Mike, but that was neither expected or necessary.
We all know that whoever, however, and whatever of ANY big block GT/CS were to come into your possession, was going to be of award-winning perfection!

At the same time, I never would have imagined (back then) that this car would live on so gloriously with such intense history!

I remember you & I and the "phone chain" back in the mid '80s anytime we even heard one was seen in the area.... Now, they're highly sought after and seemingly everywhere (at least here)!

You owe it to yourself (and we owe it to you) for your enthusiasm, dedication and care in keeping all of them straight and respectfully prominent in addition to your achievements. :)

P.S. 'I just noticed someone is wearing a new hat, Neil ;-)

Attachments

• _DSC0016.jpg
    _DSC0016.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 57
  • _DSC0527.JPG
    _DSC0527.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 58
  • _DSC0499.JPG
    _DSC0499.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 52

whodat

Fantastic article. Beautiful car. Now only if Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine would do a Buyers Guide article, restoration profile or a car feature in their magazine.

Mustanger

I finally received my MM copy and had a chance to see the article ... great stuff, and it made me appreciate more the time that Mike parked next to me during the Galpin 40th Anniversary show :thumb: ...

CougarCJ

I will have to pick up a copy of the magazine. Did they do a before and after picture? LOL