• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Vacuum port configuration

retroman99

I have been trying to find a picture of the correct vacuum port configuration at the rear of the intake manifold for a 289 with Power brakes and auto transmission -no smog. not sure if it is different on a 2V vs a 4V. seems there was different configurations if anybody has a picture of the correct set up that would be a big help.

Mosesatm

One of these may help.

Attachments

• 68 Vacuum 20f35.jpg
    68 Vacuum 20f35.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 68 Vacuum 20f36.jpg
    68 Vacuum 20f36.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
R

retroman99

this certainly helps a lot thank you I have the multi port fitting with 4 ports as shown but not sure of the fitting that threads into the top of it for what I assume will go to the power brakes. the picture above appears to not have power brakes and the top port is going to the transmission.

Mosesatm

I found a photo that may help. This was on my J-code 4V and PDB.

Attachments

• Vacuum Valve.jpg
    Vacuum Valve.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Here's a photo of the valve on the Road Warrior. 2V with PDB and AC.

Attachments

• Road Warrior Vacuum Valve.jpg
    Road Warrior Vacuum Valve.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 29