• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

value of 66' coupe

somethingspecial

I just found two 66' coupes out in the weeds, one, the best is straight as can be, with no detectible cancer. 6 cyl. with auto. Needs new interior, the owner says it runs, just needs some TLC. the interior need work, still has the original spare with plaid trunk mat. Clean little car. the second is a parts car. 8 cyl. C code. auto. everything is still there. The guy wants 3k for both. I know 68' values, any ideas on the 66' coupes and value. Thanks, Mike

Perkchiro

If the first car is as straight and rust free as you say, I'd say offer 2500 and see what he says. If you want a good coupe, sounds like an opportunity that I wouldn't pass up. Just my 2 cents.

Steve in Missouri

Mustanglvr

I just found a 69 Boss 302 sitting in the weeds. I don`t know if the guy wants to sell it though.

p51

somethingspecial said:
I just found two 66' coupes out in the weeds, one, the best is straight as can be, with no detectible cancer. 6 cyl. with auto. Needs new interior, the owner says it runs, just needs some TLC. the interior need work, still has the original spare with plaid trunk mat. Clean little car. the second is a parts car. 8 cyl. C code. auto. everything is still there. The guy wants 3k for both. I know 68' values, any ideas on the 66' coupes and value. Thanks, Mike
First source I usually go to is NADA...

http://www.nada.com/

Here's what it says about 1966 6-cyc...

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-22-1-5013-0-0-0&l=1&w=22&p=1&f=5014&c=7&m=1065&d=74&y=1966&vi=71840&o=13866&z=94040&da=-1

Perkchiro

Mustanglvr said:
I just found a 69 Boss 302 sitting in the weeds. I don`t know if the guy wants to sell it though.

Rhonda: If you don't want it, I would love to have a shot at it. PM me with details if you want.

Steve in Missouri

Mustanglvr

Mike, alot of 1966 coupes were Mustang sprints. I have no idea how many were made and I don`t know if they are more valuable. They always had a 6 cylinder and no side trim.

Steve, I`ll find out more about it if I can. I can`t afford a Boss, so all the power to you.
I found a 68 fastback with a 428 CJ and my connection in that case never got back to me on it.

LUVMYCS

somethingspecial said:

I say go for it! Offer him $2500 like Perkchiro said. You can't go wrong, especially if you can do some of the restoration yourself.

It would be great to save another poor old car from becoming a garden ornament.:cry:

Good luck!

Mosesatm

It also helps to have the cash with you. People tend to agree to a lower price when they see all that green.

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, maybe I can find one like that and buy it.. Tho you would spend more monet restoring the car - than you bought it.. But, it's the reward for restoring - and then you would feel proud because you did it yourself..