• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What color stripes?

Which would you pick?

• Total voters

2007GTCS

I know it's not the best photoshop job in the world, but if you had the choice of colors, which would you pick? I've got a parchment (tan)/black interior if that helps.

Attachments

• greystripes.jpg
    greystripes.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
  • bluestripes.jpg
    bluestripes.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 27
  • darkredstripes.jpg
    darkredstripes.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 21

Vay

I think the blue looks so much better.

I have pondered putting some stripes on mine....silver most likely.

Next question....would you go with decals (roughly $300) or Paint ($2000+)?

OP
OP
2007GTCS

2007GTCS

I'm definitely going with the decals. That way I can go back to original with just a decal change. The only modifications I'm going to make on this car are ones that can be reversed without too much trouble. Probably the biggest thing I'm planning as far as labor is concerned is swapping the ring and pinion. I might do some suspension mods down the line...as for the engine, I'm probably going to go for the FRPP power pack...unless I find 6 grand lying on the side of the road...then I'm getting a Roush supercharger! :grin:

rvrtrash

Tough call! I think the blue stripes look better on the white but think the silver or grey stripes would look better with your interior and the top down, so I went with the silver.

Steve

OP
OP
2007GTCS

2007GTCS

I think if I went with the blue, I'd have to go with a darker blue vice the guardsman-ish blue that I've got on the picture above. I just think a darker blue would go with the tan interior better...

GTCSMustang

Whatever color you go with, you need to get the width of the stripe and spacing between the stripe right or they can look pretty bad. A common mistake seems to be putting the stripes too close together and from a distance it can look like one big stripe (not two).

The sticker idea is a good one, but they don't wrap around compound curves very well. Look at a new Shelby with the sticker stripes on it and you'll see how they had to piece them together to get them to look right. Just something to consider.

Here's my 2006 GT.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00413.JPG
    DSC00413.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 22

Mustanger

I agree with Steve and Scott: 1) I like the silver/grey, but blue can also look nice depending on which blue is picked (like you said), and 2) the spacing/sizing is very important and can make or break how good the stripes will look ... copy the Shelby stripes (I think you can purchase them from Ford) and you'll have a good set of stripes ...

GTCSMustang

My stripes are 9.25-inches wide and 1.75-inches between them. However, 10-inches wide with 2-inch separation might look just as good if not better.

Scott

GTCSMustang

Yea, I need to figure out that gallery thing. I think I posted some pictures of some of the cars once. Maybe this summer I'll get them all out and take some good pictures. Here is the Yellow KR. Has about 7,000-miles on it.

Scott

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Slide4.JPG