• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

White GT/CS on eBay from Puerto Rico

BroadwayBlue

Might have missed this one because the auction title is

1968 Ford : Mustang MUSEUM CAR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150176610152

Nice looking car overall.

It says it's never been restored but the taillights are changed (black rim) and I think, not 100% sure, that those are 1967 Window handles. Correct? Which I think is a common swap because the 68's tend not to last as long. May have just been updated over the years.

It looks like a witness line on the scoops which would be original.

Interesting plate on the Steering Wheel, I think it's the same type Paul talked about in his books.

Is shipping from Puerto Rico to the 48 states high?
Wonder if that could be a deterrent to some buyers?

Curious to follow this and see how this auction goes.

Last edited:

quicknick

Perhaps classicsguy can give us more insight on this car since he lives there. Also, I don't see anything unusual about that steering wheel. It's the same one I have with Paul's emblem. Look's good. Nicholas

classicsguy

Perhaps classicsguy can give us more insight on this car since he lives there. Also, I don't see anything unusual about that steering wheel. It's the same one I have with Paul's emblem. Look's good. Nicholas

I sure can: I have seen this car only once. It belongs to the President of the Puerto Rico Mustang Club. He has had it for years. Its well documented but I think that this car has had body work done or has been repainted. It looks driver quality and not museum quality. I saw this car advertised on e bay and quickly recognized it.

I believe he is going to have a hard time getting the asking price. Not even the S code GT/CS are getting into the 30K mark

If anyone is interested in this car let me know and will gladly look it over. Its about a 2 hr drive from where I live

Hope this helps!!

Perkchiro

Not to be critical, but this car is certainly NOT museum quality. Looks like a great driver, but he's overstated the condition of the car. Pictures speak louder than words.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I have never seen one of these emblems before other than the mention in Paul's book. Were these for sale at one point? I vaguely remember reading something like that now.

quicknick

I have never seen one of these emblems before other than the mention in Paul's book. Were these for sale at one point? I vaguely remember reading something like that now.

Paul had them for sale quite a few years back. (thats where I got mine) Maybe if there's enough interest, we can strongarm him into producing some more. They came with a matching dash emblem and are very good quality pieces. The steering wheel emblem fits into a Shelby or Cougar dash pad, and the dash emblem fits perfectly over the existing Mustang emblem.
What say you Paul? How about making some more of these if interest dictates? Nicholas
2214358_7_full.jpg

franklinair

Ive noticed the '68 C/S's on E-bay either sell early or are pulled off early.
Neil Hoppe

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Ive noticed the '68 C/S's on E-bay either sell early or are pulled off early.
Neil Hoppe

This one wasn't pulled early. The time ran out on the auction with the reserve price not being met.

I notice a lot of cars not just CS's on eBay get pulled early because people are advertising them locally at the same time as the auction and end up selling them outside the auction.

You'll notice in a lot of eBay listings something like "The car is being advertised locally and I reserve the right to end the auction early" or something similar.

eBay allows you to do that - you still have to pay them though for the listing.