• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Who bought the CS "S" code for under $1000.00 last week?

mnut

I was on an auto web site 2 nights ago and saw a 68 CS for $800.00 listed as a "Z" code.No title.I HAD TO CALL.The nice guy said it sold fast a week ago and I asked what a "Z" code is that he called his car.He said "it's a 390 4 barrel Hipo car with the correct,original engine in it.I was just in the mood to sell it since I've had it a long time". He sounded honest and sincere,not llike a dealer or scammer.I almost fell over! I guess a "Z" can look like an "S" anytime on a VIN stamp or title? It was in Oklahoma so I'll assume the body wasn't rotted beyond resto. I just sat ther stunned and said thank you and goodbye.I am curious if one of the members here might be the lucky new owner? Even though he lost the title,here in Ohio you can apply for a builder's title with a bill of sale from the latest owner.Good luck to the new owner wherever,whoever they may be! If this wasn't bogus...what a find!

Bob