• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Wires for Lucas fog lights

Tequila

Hello,
I was finally able to buy a pair of NOS Lucas lights marked with the words "England", however one of the wiring harness has the grey elongated plug on it. I was wondering if anyone has an extra set of wires with the correct black grommet for sale? or if anyone knows where I can buy one.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Lucas light.JPG
    Lucas light.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 95

Jester

Intention is not to steel the thread, just to point out I am still looking for period correct bullet connectors for my Lucas lights so if you have spares let me know. /Jesper

Mosesatm

I may have one - I'll check this weekend. You can also a buy then in bulk on the web but I don't have that information handy at the moment.

Ruppstang

I am not certain but there may be a difference in the hole size the grommet fits in. I think I was going to try this my self when I did our HCS.
Marty

68sunlitgold

Marty,
you are correct the grommet holes are different sizes from the black (correct) to the grey ones.

Doug

OP
OP
T

Tequila

68sunlitgold

As a comparison, here is the opening for the gray grommet, I don't have one for the black grommet without the wiring in it but you can see how small the opening would be.

Doug

Attachments

• grommet hole.jpg
    grommet hole.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 29
  • grommet.jpg
    grommet.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
T

Tequila

Wow. The difference is huge. I think I got duped into buying a non-matching NOS pair. The good thing is that the lens both have the marking England and are brand new. however both lens, casing, and wiring are different. I think I will go ahead and install the mismatched pair and live with it for a while. Or perhaps look at swapping the pair down the road if I can find an exact match.

Thanks for the pics!!!