• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

428 CJ 005.JPG

428 CJ 005.JPG

428 CJ 004.JPG

428 CJ 004.JPG

428 CJ 002.jpg

428 CJ 002.jpg

Greenlight 1.JPG

Greenlight 1.JPG

GTCS Mirror.jpg

GTCS Mirror.jpg

body work 8.JPG

body work 8.JPG

body work 9.JPG

body work 9.JPG

body work 2.JPG

body work 2.JPG

Interior 2.JPG

Interior 2.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DPotter 2.JPG

DPotter 2.JPG

DPotter 5.JPG

DPotter 5.JPG

DPotter 1.JPG

DPotter 1.JPG

428CJ 28.JPG

428CJ 28.JPG

68gt390

Don's 68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code (The car that became a Diecast)

[B][COLOR=#008080]ENGINE: 390 "S" code[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#008080]TRANS: 4 Spd Close Ratio[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#008080]COLOR: Royal Maroon[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#008080]DSO: 74[/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=#008080]LOCATION: Ohio[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#008080]OPTIONS: Black Vinyl Roof, California Special, GT Equipment Group, 4 Spd, Console, PB, PS, AM Radio, Tinted glass, Remote Control Left Hand Mirror[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=#008080]COMMENTS: Car was found on the internet and purchased Feb 04 from an exotic car dealer in the Seattle, WA area. Photo's I received with car indicates body work and paint were done in Sep 97 and is still in very good shape. Engine bay and engine along with interior and floor pans were in pretty sad shape. Mileage at time of purchase was 54,243 miles. Once engine was pulled and tranny and undercarriage was inspected completely, we found several modifications that led me to believe car had been extensively drag raced at one time (right rear shock housing was pushed up and split in three areas, trans linkage, clutch bracket and shifter had been modified). Since purchase, the following work has been completed - Interior gutted and replaced, Dash repainted correct color and all dash pieces replaced, factory console replaced with a Humphugger console, Factory Shifter replaced with a Hurst Shifter, electrical gauges replaced with mechnical gauges, 390 engine replaced with a 428 Cobra Jet (Speed Pro Pistons, Crane Gold 1.76 Roller rockers, Edelbrock Aluminum Highrise w/850 Street Demon Carb, .30 overbore w/ Crane Custom Grind Cam, Crane Electronic Ignition Box, Blaster 2 coil, Mallory Unilite Distributor, Heads Ported & Polished w/Oversize Valves, balanced & blue printed, grille replaced with correct GT/CS grille and Marchal fog lights, front and rear bumpers replaced and engine bay detailed. Rearend rebuilt with new axles and 325:1posi w/traction bars. GT Pop Open gas cap added, Standard LED Sequential Tail Lights from Mustang Project. Drivers side floor pan and passenger side floor pans replaced along with left front torque box. Work still to be completed: New stereo, and detail of undercarriage. Even with work that has been completed, I truly think I found a diamond in the ruff. I have had numerous offers to purchase the car even before I started all the work but, at this point, she will be with me for a long time to come.

[/COLOR][/B]
Awesome job. I bought a die cast of your CS and am displaying it with my other die cast proudly. Greenlight got it right.

Album information

Album owner
68gt390
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

68gt390

Can view media items