• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 66 High Country Special Registry

Beau66HCS

Would love to know how many 66 HCS are in the registry and how many of them are convertible. I have one way down here in Louisiana and when I tell folks it is a High Country Special, I get this face..... :confused:

66hcs-conv

There is a gentleman that has a High Country registration. His user name on this forum is highcountrybob. Using this forum, you could probably send him a private message. Several years ago I ask him how many convertibles he had registered and he told me 19. Now that is not to say there are only 19 (at the time) left in existence, but Bob had 19 registered.

His name is Bob Teets, and he probably would like to have the information about your car, so he can put it in his registry.

Have fun, Dave

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beau66HCS

Thank You Dave

I contacted Bob right after I purchased the car about 15 yrs ago. I was directed to him when searching the Vin "Special Order Code" and that was my first intro to HCS. I have 6R08C232686 / a Timberline Conv. Still searching for fender badges and a reliable shop to repaint my darling to bring it back to shinning glory. I'm the third proud owner. I sent Bob an email to ask how many are still around. Life got busy but now I'm back to enjoy my Mustang again. Thanks for your response.

hcsmustangs

1966 HCS Convertibles Registry Info

Good evening,

I will be assisting Bob Teets and his son in the future on the HCS Registry. A little history on me - I grew up in Denver a mile or two from Mr. Teets and met him in the early 1980s when I purchased my first car, a 1967 HCS Convertible in Aspen Gold from the original owner. Many Mustang restorations later, I hope to provide my knowledge of both the marque and this awesome variant to as many hobbyists as possible. Although I can never fill Bob's shoes, I hope to provide answers and learn from the HCS following. If you have info on any of the three years of HCS vehicles, I will do my best to add it to the registry once authenticated. Mr. Teets has lovingly cared for this special registry, and I will work with him and his family to carry on the legacy of gathering and providing information to the hobby.

To answer your question on the 1966 convertibles, there are 22, including yours. Your VIN does not show in the registry, but if you respond or email me at hcsmustangs@aol.com I will make sure whatever authenticated info you give will be entered into the registry.

Most of the 1966 convertibles were equipped with "C" code engines and built on July 15th, 1966 (15G on the data plate). Please remember that there may have been more convertibles built but the 22 is what has been recorded in the registry.

The registry contains current and past owners, VIN and data plate info, options, original documentation (Moroney stickers, letters, warranty and original invoice copies, etc.), mileage, sale dates and prices, condition, Marti information on applicable cars, photos, and selling dealer if known.

I look forward to hearing from you and more of the HCS family in the future. Please feel free to contact me anytime and I will do my best to get back as soon as possible. Thanks!

franklinair

Thanks for stepping up. (One of these days I'll find a '68 HCS for myself):smile:

Neil

OP
OP
B

Beau66HCS

Thanks!

I replied to your email with Vin and door code to include a little history. I look forward to hearing more and being a part of this group.