• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dan Gurney sticker ?

Bluestang

I have a Dan Gurney Special sticker on my 390-4V GT/CS. I have no idea how it got there. It looks original,meaning it looks vintage. I realize that 67-68 cougars had a Dan Gurney option. Any ideas why my car would have one? It is located on my drivers side passenger window. Did cougars and mustangs share the same windows? Maybe my glass has been replaced? Need to know if it is worth preserving? Thanks for any help on solving this mystery .

StraightSix

After looking around, I think that your window is just a replacement from a Cougar. I find no record of a Dan Gurney Mustang anywhere -- the sticker does have a cougar on it, right? Here's a pic:

http://www.cougarclub.org/images/dgs.jpg

If so, that wouldn't make much sense on a Mustang and I'm sure it's from a Cougar.

I would see about trading or selling the window, since a Cougar owner with a Dan Gurney special would have to have it if his or hers was destroyed somehow. IMO that would be better than just scraping it off and using the window. That would be like someone scraping the HCS sticker off of a HCS side scoop to use the scoop on their Shelby clone!

-Winston

68sunlitgold

Bluestang,
I am not 100% sure, but I think the windows are interchangable, I do know the the window guts are interchangable, so I assume the windows are too.
I agree with Winston that you should try to exchange the window with someone that owns a Gurney XR7, it was the Shelby & GT/CS of the cougar. It also had Lucas Square 8's just like them. :D
Doug

OP
OP
Bluestang

Bluestang

Thanks for the input. I think I will leave it, as is , on my car. It will be a great conversation starter. Plus I can really make up a great story to bug the cougar guys. Kimball.