• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Is this a factory sticker?

Batgirl89

This is the steering column of the new S code GT/CS we purchased from Canada. Is this a factory sticker???

Attachments

• IMG_20150726_184031_682.jpg
    IMG_20150726_184031_682.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 69
  • ResizedImage_1437961355745.jpg
    ResizedImage_1437961355745.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 64

sportyworty

Yes Batgirl that decal is original. Think I read the date of 8D 05 Dearborn 3rd shift for this column assembly. Just another cool thing to look for when date coding.
Kerry

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Kerry, Thank you!! Yes, super cool. I can't believe its still right there. We are the 2nd owner (Im not counting the guy who flipped it to us):wink:
Sheryl

mbsf1970

Sheryl,
That car is originally from Calgary!! I am so glad that someone here bought it! PLEASE keep us informed about car. I was sad
i didn't find out about that car before it surfaced seeing as it was in neighborhood next to mine!! alas, I wasn't looking either. Maclin Ford still exists btw and I'm sure they would have loved to have known about this car. Had I known, I would have talked them into restoring it in exchange for marketing and publicity purposes!

Stephen

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Marty I did a double take! its there. Ends at E brake and then at the fuse box. (checked my C code, they are the same, is that correct?)

Stephen, Yes Calgary car. I felt kinda bad taking it away (Im a sentimental person and the car was ordered for Calgary and lived its whole life there with a Calgary family) The car was not advertised for sale at all, Bill (who was selling it on ebay) was friend's with a guy who knew the owner's. Ya just think if the garage was open and you drove by and saw it. It probably would be in your garage now!!!

We are going to call Maclin Ford. I want to buy a key chain(saw 1 on ebay, dont know the age) and License plate frames (even tho they are not old) but the car needs them! unless you have or know someone w/some old ones that i can buy?? that would have been a nice deal, the resto trade w/maclin ford! In the glove box are the "California Special" Badges (but missing 1 California, so I need 1) and a brass/chrome "Maclin" Badge. I really love this car, its so special.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1438116207588.jpg
    ResizedImage_1438116207588.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 29

robert campbell

Great buy! Do not be sad! Bring it back to life and do not look back!! You deserve the car and will restore it to its former glory!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Sheryl you are very fortunate to have found such a original car. I would encourage you to use as many original Ford pieces as possible. Many take the easy way out of just ordering a new reproduction. These parts will work but may not have the same appearance and fit as the Ford parts. Take a lot of pictures of everything, it will help you latter. Never throw anything away until it is replaced and you are happy with it.
Ask lots of questions here we are here to help you.
I can see that part of your fire wall pad is missing. Do not buy a reproduction they are bad. If you can not find a original use the one you have most will not notice the missing part. The San Jose pads are different, they have little bumps or dots on them. The car I am now restoring had a piece missing too I found another damaged SJ pad and repaired it.
Best of luck with you project.
Marty

Attachments

• Firewall pad restoration 002.jpg
    Firewall pad restoration 002.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Firewall pad restoration 006.jpg
    Firewall pad restoration 006.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Firewall pad restoration 007.jpg
    Firewall pad restoration 007.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 24

mbsf1970

Stephen, Yes Calgary car. I felt kinda bad taking it away (Im a sentimental person and the car was ordered for Calgary and lived its whole life there with a Calgary family) The car was not advertised for sale at all, Bill (who was selling it on ebay) was friend's with a guy who knew the owner's. Ya just think if the garage was open and you drove by and saw it. It probably would be in your garage now!!!

We are going to call Maclin Ford. I want to buy a key chain(saw 1 on ebay, dont know the age) and License plate frames (even tho they are not old) but the car needs them! unless you have or know someone w/some old ones that i can buy?? that would have been a nice deal, the resto trade w/maclin ford! In the glove box are the "California Special" Badges (but missing 1 California, so I need 1) and a brass/chrome "Maclin" Badge. I really love this car, its so special.

Sheryl,
don't feel bad at all! Very rarely would a car stay in area where it was first purchased. That's one part I was saddened at but more likely I'm sad for me that I didn't know about it...you bring it back to life and then swing by Calgary for a visit! I could go to Maclin and see about the things you need unless you're looking for vintage...even then I could hunt for you-- I have some connections in town that I could call....send me a p.m. if you want me to follow up for you.
Stephen

OP
OP
Batgirl89

Batgirl89

Marty, thank you for the pics, that is helpful! When I need interior, trim ect. parts I always start at West Coast Classic Cougar I like the used stuff from them. Received my order this week with the couple things I needed for the interior (radio knob (1 was missing), driver side shoulder harness clip (was broken) Im calling them today about rear seat belts! Ive scrub the interior and its looking really good! John is doing the brakes

Question about the Dome light Lens: Ours has a hole in the center, Its yellowish, but the reproductions say they are milky white like the originals. Weren't the originals the yellowish (like is what is in the car???)

Stephen, Ill PM you thank you!!!

Ruppstang

The NOS part shown looks correct but it likely has yellowed too just not on a car. I think originally they were a milky white. The NOS one would be fitting for your unrestored car.
West Coast Classic Cougar is a great place to do business. I got a heads up email from them to day that they are running a 5% discount on used parts and here after the price on those used parts will be going up 10-15% due the lack of parts cars.
You might want to get what you need on the sale.
Marty