• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Registry - Paul

case12

Paul, This may have already been covered - sorry if I missed it. Are you using the registry on this site as information for your next book, or do we need to send something directly to you? Casey

P

PNewitt

I'll be making an announcement ASAP aboutthe Registry--forthe new book.

But to answer your question...

Yes, please mail it directly to me. Having papers in hand helps keep things organized. I also keep a scrapbook of cars' photos in VIN sequence.

Paul.

Jayscal

Paul,

Should we make a print out of the registry from this site? And once again, could you list the address to mail them to.

Thanks

DJM75

This is what he told me he needs to register my CS. I hope it helps.
Don

To register your GT/CS, I need:

VIN #
Door Data Plate Info (numbers)
Any options, dealer or factory installed
Your Name and address (e-mail optional)
Optional Photo of car
Any interesting stories, and/or comments about your GT/CS

Your info will be kept confidential. The registry will print your name (no address!!), the VIN , data plate info, option list, and comments, if any--and whatever photo you might like included.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

PFSlim

Paul N.

Don't know if this is a good idea or not, but here it goes. Is there a way to find out if we are all in the registry or not without you having to answer each of us?? Know that can get to be quite big but would hate to have someone left out. Any ideas???

Paul

quicknick

Paul,
Will you be needing copies of our Marti reports to varify authenticity as well? In our last conversation, you planned on flagging all (Marti) authentic cars in the new book. Is this still your intention? I hope so because I think it's a great idea. Advise please. Nicholas

rvrtrash

Hey Paul, I finally got around to getting my Marti Report and will be sending you a copy. One thing I found interesting about it was that my car was ordered by a dealer in Hawaii for stock. Any idea how many went there? Aloha!
Steve

P

PNewitt

I have a couple of CS cars from Hawaii.

Both had "heater delete" on their invoices.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

a fellow board member might be selling me his Dallas DSO CS sometime in the near future. I belive the offical number of Dallas cars is around 50. Paul can you confirm this?

thanks

rvrtrash

Thanks Paul. You'll now have one with the heater and air cond.
Steve

rvrtrash

As a side note, since the car was sold in Hawaii in Jan. of '69, owned by a college student in rural Washington in the late 70's and parked from late '79 or early '80, I'm starting to think that the 51K miles on the odometer might actually be correct, not 151K. It looks like on Hawaii you're not more than 20 miles from anywhere else on the island and you wouldn't be taking it on a road trip.
Steve

68sunlitgold

jbstevens,
There where 2 DSO's for TX:
Dallas-61
Houston-62

and I think in Pauls last book that number was under 20. You will have to ask Kevin Marti to get the actual number.
Doug

390cs68rcode

it is 61 for Dallas

I am pretty sure the updated number is around 50. First book shows 9. The current owner says either Marti or Paul has the number around 50 something.

paging Scott, chime in please.

GTCSMustang

Kevin Marti says there were 46 GT/CS's sent to the Dallas DSO. I can account for one of them.

Scott

nfrntau

Steve,
On your 51K versus 151K. It may not be definitive but the things I was told to look for to determine + or - 100K were wear on the edges of the brake and gas pedals and wear on the inside of the brake drums. Based on these findings I believe my 25K car is in fact 25K. You could also check things like the plastic bushings on the brake pedal mounting pin. With 100K+ I would expect to find these worn out.
Hope this helps.
Bill

390cs68rcode

[quote author=GTCSMustang link=board=1;threadid=1447;start=0#msg8714 date=1111276409]
Kevin Marti says there were 46 GT/CS's sent to the Dallas DSO. I can account for one of them.

Scott
[/quote]

I knew you would chime in on this one. Hopefully I will be able to account for that same one. ;D

Scott

the CS got the vinyl top, headliner and engine detail the other day. Great car and enjoying it everyday.