• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Paul N. / Galpin Ford / Registry Flyers

case12

Paul called me and wanted everyone on the web site to know that he will be getting the flyer out ASAP. He is driving back from Galpin Ford, home of California car culture now and in the 60's, the largest Ford volume dealer in the world - and a big influence on the 68 CS. He went there to interview them about the CS, and it sounds like he got the VIP tour with the owner. :cool: He is jazzed and has a lot to share with us.

They also took him to the set of "Pimp my Ride". We don't watch that stuff much here in the mid-west, so it must be a California thing. Anybody want to have their California Special "pimped" :rolleyes:

Casey

http://www.galpinford.com/

Diesel Donna

I think "SomethingSpecial"'s car had been pimped.....:grin:
in a previous life of course.

Midnight Special

...And door panels...

Leopard Skin Interior - $349.99
Fender-chopping flare job and flame paint scheme - $6,500.00
Expression on Bob Teets' face when viewing the photos in Mike's album- PRICELESS!

Mike kept a sample of the "leopard skin" in the album as well. Don became immediately inspired toward a whole new product line for Victoria's Secret! ;-)

Attachments

• nuts.jpg
    nuts.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

joedls

...And door panels...

Leopard Skin Interior - $349.99
Fender-chopping flare job and flame paint scheme - $6,500.00
Expression on Bob Teets' face when viewing the photos in Mike's album- PRICELESS!

Mike kept a sample of the "leopard skin" in the album as well. Don became immediately inspired toward a whole new product line for Victoria Secret! ;-)

Yeah, who needs "Pimp my Ride"? Wasn't this an O'brien creation?

rvrtrash

A previous owner "pimped" my Tiger. It had a red velour interior that had fadded to look like a pinkish terry cloth bath robe. I drove it home and ordered a new interior for it. I was too embarrassed to drive it.

Steve

joedls

A previous owner "pimped" my Tiger. It had a red velour interior that had fadded to look like a pinkish terry cloth bath robe. I drove it home and ordered a new interior for it. I was too embarrassed to drive it.

Steve

Good for you!!! How you been, Pop?

P

PNewitt

HEY Everyone!

I'm back! WHEW!!

Too much to tell--and I have photos to unload from my full SD disc tonight...

Galpin IS the "Mustang Disneyland" of Southern California! You won't believe this place. They even have a restaurant at the dealership, called "Horseless Carriage".

On the way home, I also stopped at the very beach where they filmed the GT/CS Commercial. No (1968) film permits on file at Pismo Beach City Hall.

I walked the Pimp My Ride sets, and was temped to get Mike a "I've Been Pimped" hat....I even met the "head guy" of the show, shook his hand, saw a few new projects for the show.

More to follow--it was quite a trip! And--I was almost killed on the Ventura Fwy, 11am last Wednesday. A Truck broke through the concrete barrier (from the opposite direction). Luckily, my guardian angel had put me in the middle lane--not the fast lane (@ 60mph), or I wouldn't be here. I grazed through it, concrete chunks and all--to see a 2 hr SIG Alert behind me in my mirror--all stopped.

Stay tuned....more to follow.

Paul N.

p.s. they welcome us to have the 40th GT/CS celeb. there, too!