• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Ford Shelby GT-H

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Here's where you can rent them...

if you're in the neighborhood... I'd have to drive all the way to Boston!

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/byr/index.jsp?targetPage=USshelbygth.jsp&leftNavUserSelection=globNav_3_5_1&region=United%20States

Introducing the Shelby GT-H

shelby.jpg
Coming Soon. The Shelby GT-H. Only from Hertz.

In 1966 the Hertz Corporation and Carroll Shelby produced 1000 Shelby Mustangs. Together, they made these high-performance, special-edition Ford Mustangs available to car rental customers. And the car rental business was never the same.

40 years later, the thrill is back. Introducing the Shelby GT-H—a one-of-a-kind limited edition, available exclusively through Hertz. It’s just one of the many exhilarating cars that you can reserve from the Hertz Fun Collection. And unlike the 1966 Shelby, this one comes equipped with SIRIUS Satellite Radio, like all Fun Collection vehicles.

The Shelby GT-H will be available for reservations in mid-May at the following airport locations:

Phoenix, Arizona
Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California
Denver, Colorado
Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida
Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii
Boston, Massachusetts
Las Vegas, Nevada
Portland, Oregon
Seattle, Washington

still looking for one

I remember back in 1966 when the GT350H program came out, there were lots of rumours that the some cars were rented and taken DIRECTLY to the dragstrips and raced, and beat real hard. But then, car insurance then was almost impossible to get insurance (in California) for anyone under 25 years old....wonder why? LOL

The new ones, when retired from Hertz, will probably do pretty well when Hertz releases them into the market.

GT350 H, redux. Just amazing! What a wonderful way to test drive a new one - all those years later!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I was talking to my Ford salesman about it.
He said the word is that dealers will get first dibs on the cars after a few thousand miles.

They are automatics he said.

hookedtrout

BroadwayBlue said:
if you're in the neighborhood... I'd have to drive all the way to Boston!

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/byr/index.jsp?targetPage=USshelbygth.jsp&leftNavUserSelection=globNav_3_5_1&region=United%20States

Introducing the Shelby GT-H

shelby.jpg
Coming Soon. The Shelby GT-H. Only from Hertz.

In 1966 the Hertz Corporation and Carroll Shelby produced 1000 Shelby Mustangs. Together, they made these high-performance, special-edition Ford Mustangs available to car rental customers. And the car rental business was never the same.

40 years later, the thrill is back. Introducing the Shelby GT-H—a one-of-a-kind limited edition, available exclusively through Hertz. It’s just one of the many exhilarating cars that you can reserve from the Hertz Fun Collection. And unlike the 1966 Shelby, this one comes equipped with SIRIUS Satellite Radio, like all Fun Collection vehicles.

The Shelby GT-H will be available for reservations in mid-May at the following airport locations:

Phoenix, Arizona
Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California
Denver, Colorado
Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida
Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii
Boston, Massachusetts
Las Vegas, Nevada
Portland, Oregon
Seattle, Washington

Even though Boston is probably the farthest point away from me to rent one, it would be my first choice. Then I could take in a Red Sox game while I was there.

Cory

hookedtrout

I must say that Ford is pulling off some amazing sales ideas, they have hit the retro market perfect with the newly designed Mustang and all the little things like the Hertz. Dodge is living by the Hemi name by stuffing a Hemi in everything and advertising the heck out of it, which is also pretty smart and GM...well GM is living on a prayer from what I can tell, because they don't have a clue.

Ford is really hitting the right spots, I just wish they would have hit the CS on the nose by coming out in 08 and nailing down the look and advertising it as history remade 40 years later, their approach really doesn't even seem to reflect on the original and most people short of our little group will probably think it's a whole new concept.

Cory

P

PNewitt

hookedtrout said:
Ford is really hitting the right spots, I just wish they would have hit the CS on the nose by coming out in 08 and nailing down the look and advertising it as history remade 40 years later.....
Cory

That would be a great idea...

Paul N.

still looking for one

PNewitt said:
That would be a great idea...

Paul N.
Fastbacks and convertibles are just fine,:grin: -- but speaking of every angle, why not design a NOTCHBACK 2007 GT/CS,:icon_ecst , now i AM FEELING THAT!!

Heck, most units sold in 65-68 were notchbacks,
why couldn't history repeat itself?

What do you say?

gt bandit

My Hertz gold card is ready and willing , I will be back in the states in July this year doing commissioning both in Arizona and Nevada.
Wait till my customer's see me and my service guy pull up in one of these baby's to do the commissioning !!

shaun

68gt390

gt bandit said:
My Hertz gold card is ready and willing , I will be back in the states in July this year doing commissioning both in Arizona and Nevada.
Wait till my customer's see me and my service guy pull up in one of these baby's to do the commissioning !!

shaun

Shaun;
The only problem when you rent one of these is after driving your CS with the 428 in her you'll feel like the Hertz rental has no meat and potatoes.

Don :eek: