• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Starting a New Search

Mosesatm

It may be time to start looking for another car to take on road trips, but this time I'm interested in a completed car, not a project, or even a minor project.

Now, we all know how this game goes; you'll ask, "What are you looking for?" and I'll respond with, "I don't know, what have you got?" So to avoid some of that here are a few notes and preferences:
- The car will be used as a long-distance driver, and a commuter, so it needs to be C or J code with an auto
- I live in Texas (at the moment) so it needs AC, or priced low enough that I can hire someone to install it
- PS and PDB would be wonderful but I can have those installed if the price is right
- Any color except gold or black(my apologies to the gold and black fans)
- Some paint imperfections are fine because of how I'll use the car, but no rust repair or bodywork required
- Completely road ready
- In general I don't care about originality if the changes enhance long distance cruising experience.
- I'm not interested in anything Rob cares about like high compression, loud exhaust, stiff suspension, etc.:grin::kiss:

Yes, I'm looking for an old-fart car!
I'd like the be under $25K once I purchase the car and make whatever required additions.

Of course, I'm flexible on some of those issues if we're talking about a highland green car.:icon_ecst

Thanks
Arlie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

One of the premier GT/CS restorers on the planet just contacted me so this may be a short search!
I love this site!!!

Last edited:

robert campbell

Darn it!!! I had a car with AOD and a blower!!! Drag slicks, sub frame connectors, and lowered into the dirt!!! Exhaust so loud you may as well remove the radio!!!

Are you ready???

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Nope, I found someone to build me an old-fart car in Highland Green so I couldn't be happier!

When I visit just be sure to keep your rif-raf car away from it. I don't need it learning any bad habits!!!:tongue:

robert campbell

Arlie,
they have not contacted me for awhile. They were a bit out of bucks, but the car is still running great!

Rob

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

The car needs a front bumper now. Crofton was in the HOV lane when someone decided to take his spot, or was just mesmerized by the car, and he ended up scraping the front bumper on the concrete barrier.
He's learning what it's like to drive a classic Mustang in a big city.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Rick!!
Hope all is well with you. I haven't forgotten, and am always on the lookout!

Last edited: